Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      10537 times
      Rep
      Hardly makes much difference for WA passengers. Just a longer stint in one go on a plane. The attractive thing would be for WA to offer enticing deals to stop over in Perth/WA for a few days or longer. It would need to be attractive though and not the rip off costs that have been the way of things here for the past decade.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      4376 times
      Rep
      Not worth it unless you live in WA- still at least 4 hours over to the East and a couple of hours wait for a connecting flight. Plus you still have to face the boring Australian custom officers.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      306 times
      Rep
      It's a shame that Perth was chosen and not Darwin. This would have opened up the east coast for connecting domestic flights and made the flight a bit shorter.

The more I think of it, the more I think Qantas are going to struggle with this.

Hopefully i'm wrong!
      Australia grabs you, and it won't let go!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5138 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by starlight7 View Post
      Not worth it unless you live in WA- still at least 4 hours over to the East and a couple of hours wait for a connecting flight. Plus you still have to face the boring Australian custom officers.
      That's my thought and ditto at the UK end - fine if you fly to London airports but with Emirates, Qatar and possibly others flying direct from the North (Newcastle, Manchester) & Scotland (Glasgow, Edinburgh) the thought of an hours flight, a 3-4 hour wait and a 17 hour flight is less appealing than current options to me.

We flew to LAX recently via Dublin & on the way back had a 5 hour wait at Dublin, just horrid. We chose that route to avoid 3* airlines but fly direct and suck it up in future.
      A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it - George Moore

Title
      Liked
      119 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by srh82 View Post
      It's a shame that Perth was chosen and not Darwin. This would have opened up the east coast for connecting domestic flights and made the flight a bit shorter.

The more I think of it, the more I think Qantas are going to struggle with this.

Hopefully i'm wrong!

I have to to disagree with this. With such a huge Brit population I reckon they are on to a winner. Time will tell I suppose.

Title
      Moving from Ireland to Melbourne (in late 2017)
      Liked
      101 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by LovelyWA View Post
      I have to to disagree with this. With such a huge Brit population I reckon they are on to a winner. Time will tell I suppose.
      If I was in Perth, I would take this mad flight to Blighty.

Good call Alan Joyce.

B
      Visa 190 Vic. State Nomination (70 pts) | Teacher | AITSL skills assessment submitted 10 04 '16 | Successful AITSL skills assessment result 10 06 '16 | Recce to Mellie August 2016 | IELTS result 27 08 '16 (Av. 8.5) | State Nomination application lodged 31 08 '16 | State Teaching Reg. application approved 23 12 '16 | Vic. State Nomination approved 23 01 '16...

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5397 times
      Rep
      Should be cheaper as they don't have to use fuel on the second takeoff. Plus, less chance of crashing, as this often happens during landing or takeoff. I would do it, but not with kids. That's a bit too long in the air for little ones.

Title
      Liked
      119 times
      Rep
      Apparently they are saying it will be cheaper than Qantas current flights with the stopover so win, win I reckon. I agree too long for young kids and I certainly wouldn't want to be sat next to one

•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123