Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      306 times
      Rep

Qantas Perth-London direct announced!

Australia grabs you, and it won't let go!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      10537 times
      Rep
      Great for Perth if they could become a European hub. Still quite a long time on an aircraft though. I'd much prefer a stopover of a few en route as detest long flights, even with a few hours knocked off.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      306 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by flag of convenience View Post
      Great for Perth if they could become a European hub. Still quite a long time on an aircraft though. I'd much prefer a stopover of a few en route as detest long flights, even with a few hours knocked off.
      Agree...I think Qantas will have to do something really special in terms of service offering to attract and retain passengers on this route. 17hrs is too long for me....14hrs from Dubai to Brisbane was awful and I said to myself never again!

However it may appeal to some travellers.
      Australia grabs you, and it won't let go!

Title
      Adrift on memory bliss..
      Liked
      1753 times
      Rep
      I'd use this; think it is a great idea. I've used the SYD -> DFW -> SYD route which is similar flight time.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      8397 times
      Rep
      Good one! I'd use it. Now if only Qantas would fly out of Stansted my life would be complete!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      10537 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by srh82 View Post
      Agree...I think Qantas will have to do something really special in terms of service offering to attract and retain passengers on this route. 17hrs is too long for me....14hrs from Dubai to Brisbane was awful and I said to myself never again!

However it may appeal to some travellers.
      Yes but I imagine they'll consider the time saving factor as special enough. Away from the subject but quite amazed that Qantas paid no tax last year. Looks like they have already discovered to road to saving. That Dubai/Abu Dhabi to Perth stretch, while not quite as long, is equally killing these days. I can barely imagine how in decades past I'd done the flight numerous times with barely a second thought.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5138 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Quoll View Post
      Good one! I'd use it. Now if only Qantas would fly out of Stansted my life would be complete!
      You'd still need to transit so I'd have thought it was better to transit further into the journey.

My thought was I'd have to fly to London, wait around 2-4 hours to get this so might as well get a flight from Edinburgh and get the journey half over before transiting, at which point I'd appreciate the break.

It'll be good for holiday makers who don't really care where in Australia they start and good for Perth as people may treat it as a stopover on the way to the east coast. And of course good for people that live in Perth. With a stopover in Dubai the journey is about 18 hours I recall so this isn't really saving much time, I wonder if it will cost a
      lot more?
      A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it - George Moore

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5425 times
      Rep
      17hrs on 1 plane beats 12 hrs on one, dick about through security and hang about knackered for 3 hours, followed by 8 hrs on another plane any day of the week

I would gladly use this. If I lived in Perth I'd be booking it already for whenever my next trip back might be

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      8397 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rainicorn View Post
      You'd still need to transit so I'd have thought it was better to transit further into the journey.

My thought was I'd have to fly to London, wait around 2-4 hours to get this so might as well get a flight from Edinburgh and get the journey half over before transiting, at which point I'd appreciate the break.

It'll be good for holiday makers who don't really care where in Australia they start and good for Perth as people may treat it as a stopover on the way to the east coast. And of course good for people that live in Perth. With a stopover in Dubai the journey is about 18 hours I recall so this isn't really saving much time, I wonder if it will cost a
      lot more?
      Ah, but I would transit at Perth on the way out - I can make Heathrow easily but Stansted is right next door so I was being lazy! I hate Dubai and Abu Dhabi stops, don't know why, just that I have always gone Singapore, HK, KL and habit is hard to break

Title
      Liked
      119 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by northshorepom View Post
      17hrs on 1 plane beats 12 hrs on one, dick about through security and hang about knackered for 3 hours, followed by 8 hrs on another plane any day of the week

I would gladly use this. If I lived in Perth I'd be booking it already for whenever my next trip back might be

Couldnt agree more. It might actually tempt me into an annual trip now, will have to see how much they're going to charge though.

•  
    Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast