Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Title
      Moving from Ireland to Melbourne (in late 2017)
      Liked
      101 times
      Rep
      Great news.

B

190 State Nomination (65 + 5 = 70 pts) | Primary Teacher | AITSL Skills Assessment submitted 10 04 '16 | Successful AITSL Skills Assessment 10 06 '16 | Recce to Mellie August 2016 | IELTS result 27 08 '16 (Av. 8.5) | State Nomination Application lodged 31 08 '16 | State Teaching Registration approved 23 12 '16 | State Nomination approved 23 01 '16....getting there....

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      5138 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by northshorepom View Post
      17hrs on 1 plane beats 12 hrs on one, dick about through security and hang about knackered for 3 hours, followed by 8 hrs on another plane any day of the week

I would gladly use this. If I lived in Perth I'd be booking it already for whenever my next trip back might be
      Aye but unless you live in London or Perth then it's 17 hours on a plane dick about through security and hang about knackered for 3 hours and then another hour or more on a plane so I don't really see the difference - of course if you live in London/SE or WA perfect!
      A man travels the world over in search of what he needs, and returns home to find it - George Moore

Title
      Liked
      6256 times
      Rep
      Personally, I would rather have the stop over. I have never done a 17 hour flight, but my father in law did and described it as the worst experience ever and he had more miles flown than most airline staff

Title
      Moving from Ireland to Melbourne (in late 2017)
      Liked
      101 times
      Rep
      I wonder is a direct flight to Sydney or Melbourne 'technically' possible?

B
      190 State Nomination (65 + 5 = 70 pts) | Primary Teacher | AITSL Skills Assessment submitted 10 04 '16 | Successful AITSL Skills Assessment 10 06 '16 | Recce to Mellie August 2016 | IELTS result 27 08 '16 (Av. 8.5) | State Nomination Application lodged 31 08 '16 | State Teaching Registration approved 23 12 '16 | State Nomination approved 23 01 '16....getting there....

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      3471 times
      Rep
      I think I'd probably prefer to do this. On the way to Australia I had a stopover in Singapore but on the way home I went from Perth to Edinburgh with a quick stop in Doha except I think we were running slightly late and security was so busy so it was just a mad rush. First flight was 11 hours. I just found it really stressful. It's a really long flight but I think I could just knock myself out with drink or a sleeping tablet or just watch more films. I'd try it once anyway lol
      Last edited by Quokka2005; 11-12-2016 at 03:11 PM.

Title
      Platinum Member
      Liked
      306 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Beaty View Post
      I wonder is a direct flight to Sydney or Melbourne 'technically' possible?

B
      Not yet. But, it is rumoured that this new service will start in Melbourne and pick up in Perth before going direct to Heathrow.
      Australia grabs you, and it won't let go!

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1589 times
      Rep
      I've down Dubai to Auckland which I think was about 16 and a half hours. I would differently do this! When can I book tickets lol! On my return leg from Dubai I found it stressful with the extra security and plane previously taking off an hour and a half late I nearly missed my connection and was informed if I didn't sprint to the gate I would be staying over in Dubai on my own overnight (travelling along). This was stressful and I'd rather stay on the plane and not change.

Title
      Liked
      119 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Lady Rainicorn View Post
      Aye but unless you live in London or Perth then it's 17 hours on a plane dick about through security and hang about knackered for 3 hours and then another hour or more on a plane so I don't really see the difference - of course if you live in London/SE or WA perfect!
      Not just London/SE, there are lots of areas within a 2/3 hour drive of Heathrow who'd benefit from this too.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      2751 times
      Rep
      Too Long on one plane for me. I quite like a stopoff at hk/Singapore from Brisbane to have a shower/relax etc

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      8208 times
      Rep
      Got to be good for Perth in the long run. I don't know what Perth airport management expected, since the place was privatised the parking charges (and the cost of just about everything else) is extortionate. We were talking to friends yesterday about the old airport when we emigrated. Quaint I think you could call it. Had a petting zoo with kangaroos and other native animals. Parking was free. We really felt like we'd arrived in Aus seeing a Roo 20 minutes after getting off the plane.

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast