Fishing in gold coast

Wooba

I've just moved to gold coast and I'd like to take up a little recreational fishing to try and catch the occasional meal.

Can anyone give any advice for a novice? What sort of fish can I expect to catch? Are they edible? Do I need a license?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

You don't need a licence for saltwater. Most anything can be caught from the breakwater at the seaway look here: http://seawayfishing.info/home/ or the sand pumping jetty and even from the beaches. Mackerel, spotty and spanish, trevally, bream, dart, shark, flathead amongst others. Familiarise yourself with the Queensland rules on bag limits and size as fines can be hefty for taking undersize/oversize fish or too many. My best advice would be to have a good read of this forum: http://ausfish.com.au/ Plenty of tips on there and reports of where fish are being caught

Hubby has a had a few problems with his boat so went on the Logan river today to test it (and fish),, he pulled out a decent sized Bull shark so if you fancy shark chasing head to the various fishing points on the Logan River, there not too far from the GC.

Cal x

Crabs and prawns a no take at the Logan for at least 3 months due to white spot disease :-(

I've just moved to gold coast and I'd like to take up a little recreational fishing to try and catch the occasional meal.

Can anyone give any advice for a novice? What sort of fish can I expect to catch? Are they edible? Do I need a license?

Thanks

Sent from my SM-N910W8 using Tapatalk

The only Qld fishing licence is the Stocked Impoundment Permit, (SIP), which will allow you to fish any of 63 dams. This will allow you to fish for anything from trout to murray cod to yellowbelly to barramundi to saratoga.

The SIP can be purchased from any post office, or on the internet for $50 per year. For pensioners, the cost is $36

Cheers, Bobj.

Crabs and prawns a no take at the Logan for at least 3 months due to white spot disease :-(

Yes that was in the papers and Gary said the fisheries were out yesterday in their boats handing out leaflets to those who didnt know about it. Im not sure id want to eat anything that came out of the logan river anyway even though white spot is harmless to humans the river doesnt look that great .lol

Cal x