north vs south of Brisbane,pros and cons?

Mae m

Hi, we moved here 3 months ago and been trying to find a suburb that will suit our family. i like Wynnum and Manly but im after a brand new house (3 bed,2 carpark, and a reasonable garden space) within 450k budget and it is impossible to gef it there.

We checked Redcliffe and its ok but quite bad traffic going to the city where my husband works and its already 50 min driving off peak hrs. North Lakes has the kind of estates that im after but it looks far too. . We went to Gold Coast today and realised that suburbs like Rochedale are not that far via M1.

If anyone can recommend their suburb and if its better stay North or South of the city. I have 2 small kids and hubby and i work in hospitality so hours can be really hectic. Also good school (catholic preferably) , daycare , safety and train are the priority in my list. Thank you

Mae

Hi Mae,

We have just moved to Wynnum and really enjoing it so far, looking to buy soon. Agreed you would be hard pushed to get what you want for $450k in Wynnum, thought there are plots near Wynnum North Station that you could look to build on to get what you want

http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/in-wynnum%2c+qld+4178/list-1?activeSort=price-asc

Alternatively You could look to West Wynnum, Hemmant, Manly West that are not that far from the coast but a bit cheaper. Lota is also nice.

When we arrived we spend a couple of months staying in Brisbane Holiday Village in Eight Mile Plains. I found the bus connections to the city to be excellent, and my Brother who lives in a Northern suburb was really surprised how connected it was (there is a real North / South divide in Brisbane). You might find something in that area that is on budget but has the connectivity and also amenities that you would want.

Best of luck

Ferrets

House sales are quiet atm due to Xamas but availability increases in spring. Take a look here: https://www.domain.com.au/sale/bracken-ridge-qld-4017/?bedrooms=3&ssubs=1&price=350000-450000&carspaces=2

And this is the PIO suburb review penned by myself www.pomsinoz.com/forum/queensland/245799-bracken-ridge.html

Also google Narangba on Domain website. Prices are lower out there due to distance from CBD but there is an excellent rail service, unlike North Lakes which is a traffic bottleneck. Narangba has dropped it's negative status over the last 8 yrs or so and there are some really nice estates at good prices to be had

Hi Mae,

We have just moved to Wynnum and really enjoing it so far, looking to buy soon. Agreed you would be hard pushed to get what you want for $450k in Wynnum, thought there are plots near Wynnum North Station that you could look to build on to get what you want

http://www.realestate.com.au/buy/in-wynnum%2c+qld+4178/list-1?activeSort=price-asc

Alternatively You could look to West Wynnum, Hemmant, Manly West that are not that far from the coast but a bit cheaper. Lota is also nice.

When we arrived we spend a couple of months staying in Brisbane Holiday Village in Eight Mile Plains. I found the bus connections to the city to be excellent, and my Brother who lives in a Northern suburb was really surprised how connected it was (there is a real North / South divide in Brisbane). You might find something in that area that is on budget but has the connectivity and also amenities that you would want.

Best of luck

Ferrets

Thank you ! In not really after the coast and was also thinking Manly West/West Wynnum. Are they nice and good suburbs ? at least they are not that far from the cbd and same as the coast for when my kids want to play there.

Thank you ! In not really after the coast and was also thinking Manly West/West Wynnum. Are they nice and good suburbs ? at least they are not that far from the cbd and same as the coast for when my kids want to play there.

Wynnum and Manly Wests both are not convenient for a train station otherwise would have been in scope for us too.

We are in Wynnum North, 5 minute walk to the station and then 37 minute train to the CBD.

House is huge compared to what you will get close in, but we can still get into the CBD quick.