House Phones

Skal

But

[h=2]Telecommunications equipment[/h] [h=3]Telephones, modems, answering and facsimile machines[/h] Telecommunications equipment purchased in another country will not be suitable or safe for use in Australia.

Telecommunications equipment such as telephones, modems, answering machines and facsimile machines may only be connected to an Australian telecommunications network if the equipment bears either the 'RCM' or the 'A-Tick' regulatory compliance mark.

rcmmark%20bmp.bmpRCM atick01%20jpg.jpgA-Tick

If the equipment does not carry a compliance mark, it is not suitable for use in Australia and it is illegal to connect it to a telecommunications network.

Penalties may be imposed for illegal connection.

http://www.acma.gov.au/theACMA/bringing-communications-equipment-into-australia

Fair enough

I'd still do it, but then I do plenty of other things here I shouldn't as well according to the strict letter of the law (like wire up my own light fittings, rip DVDs I've bought into digital copies for personal use, jaywalk, ride a bicycle without a bell, etc etc etc)

Your call :wink:

Yeah I did it too, and will probably do it again, but better to know, just in case, let's say your phone line is playing up and a Telstra engineer calls, probably wouldn't do to have a non approved phone connected :elvis: