coldest day of the year

bunbury61

Bloody cold when I came out the pub last night.

Minus 2 c,but it felt like minus 20c

Again no wind,no sleet ,and today I had one of the best scenic days I have ever had .

Out in the sticks,country lanes,a dusting of frost on the hedges and fields ,and not a cloud in the sky .

Around rural Shropshire ....bridgnorth and highley .

You have to pinch yourself how beautiful it is .

And then 25 minutes later I was in wolverhampton.....but that's England for you .

Winter is going to be a cold one ....coldest since 2010 I reckon ,but iam enjoying the blue skies that go with it ....so far

Suck it up people! I hate the cold, feel it really easy but determined to not let it spoil my mood! I quite enjoy a stroll during winter if the sun is shining and i'm dressed accordingly.

Yes its been truly stunning ...the weather and scenery out in the country is something I wont forget ,and only 30 miles from my home.

The drive through bridgnorth and out along the Severn was one I will remember

Brisbane tomorrow, apparently clear blue sky's, 2nd day of summer officially and a mere 35 degrees. Further inland forecast to be closer to 40 degrees.

S

Stick it for me mate.....we have had very cold frosty cloudless skies -6 last night, today was warm in the sun....bloody glorious...you can stick your 35 degrees where the sun dont shine.

Give it a couple of months, some will be able to pretend it wasn't a cold winter. Like it didn't rain last year.
Its bloody cold mate but when its really cold like now we have high pressure and we have cloudless blue skies and frosty mornings...stunning like today again. :cute:

frosty-morning-wallpaper-1.jpg

Bloody cold when I came out the pub last night.

Minus 2 c,but it felt like minus 20c

Again no wind,no sleet ,and today I had one of the best scenic days I have ever had .

Out in the sticks,country lanes,a dusting of frost on the hedges and fields ,and not a cloud in the sky .

Around rural Shropshire ....bridgnorth and highley .

You have to pinch yourself how beautiful it is .

And then 25 minutes later I was in wolverhampton.....but that's England for you .

Winter is going to be a cold one ....coldest since 2010 I reckon ,but iam enjoying the blue skies that go with it ....so far

cycling in the morning is getting a bit chilly. Ordered a winter cycling jacket, but their idea of xl is hamster sized so I've had to exchange it. Think it's coming from China. Won't use them again. But it is lovely if you can bear the cold up on the downs.

Funny my OH would constantly say he missed the cold. A recent trip back changed all that :laugh: 4 weeks cold and constant rain, none of the cold blue skies I've been seeing on Facebook.

Well you can take it from me ,its that real frosty mornings and clear blue skies over the last few days .

As I said the scenery in rural areas was truly stunning .

I was driving on single lane roads ,the houses ,village church and pubs all frosted up ....through a shallow ford ,I even had the obligatory pheasants in the road .

I drove into highley,which is on the Severn ,the build up to Xmas in full swing .

On the way home ,somewhere close to where pb and myself live is a place called knowle .

A Lott of the footballers live there ,roads were blocked off ,the street lit up ,and the brass band playing outside the old church ...magical .

Just hope the weather stays like this .

Well you can take it from me ,its that real frosty mornings and clear blue skies over the last few days .

As I said the scenery in rural areas was truly stunning .

I was driving on single lane roads ,the houses ,village church and pubs all frosted up ....through a shallow ford ,I even had the obligatory pheasants in the road .

I drove into highley,which is on the Severn ,the build up to Xmas in full swing .

On the way home ,somewhere close to where pb and myself live is a place called knowle .

A Lott of the footballers live there ,roads were blocked off ,the street lit up ,and the brass band playing outside the old church ...magical .

Just hope the weather stays like this .

Och bunbury, you're making me feel quite nostalgic. :smile:

Funny my OH would constantly say he missed the cold. A recent trip back changed all that :laugh: 4 weeks cold and constant rain, none of the cold blue skies I've been seeing on Facebook.
that is the thing though, we've had little rain. Bright blue skies by just crisp and cold. Quite lovely if you are dressed well.

I'm not using a coat this year. I'm just using layers. T-shirt, light jumper, warm jumper, fleece, waterproof. Seems to be working well. Haven't needed the fleece yet.

Edited by newjez

that is the thing though, we've had little rain. Bright blue skies by just crisp and cold. Quite lovely if you are dressed well.

I'm not using a coat this year. I'm just using layers. T-shirt, light jumper, warm jumper, fleece, waterproof. Seems to be working well. Haven't needed the fleece yet.

That's exactly how I dress for the Tassie winter. Layers do the trick. I was out and about every day no matter how awful the weather was. Used waterproof stuff a fair bit and it also keeps out the wind.

Och bunbury, you're making me feel quite nostalgic. :smile:

And guess where iam today jock ? .....CV37 ,Which is Stratford upon Avon ...now down to abberley near stourport ...and that's another 20 mile rural drive ...beautiful today ...midday 2c ...not a cloud in the sky ...no bighting wind ,very still

And guess where iam today jock ? .....CV37 ,Which is Stratford upon Avon ...now down to abberley near stourport ...and that's another 20 mile rural drive ...beautiful today ...midday 2c ...not a cloud in the sky ...no bighting wind ,very still

You sound so happy! :smile:

Stratford upon Avon - you should call in on PB's pub for a pint.

Ive found it quite mild the last few days but the following week it was - 6 for a few days. I gave in and bought gloves. Lovely blue skies though so that makes a difference for me. Theres been some really amazing sunsets too. A little bit of sbow or frost would be nice for christmas day

You sound so happy! :smile:

Stratford upon Avon - you should call in on PB's pub for a pint.

Iam not happy all the time jock ...tomorrow I could be sat on the m6 in the rain ,in a traffic jam .

But I do get to go to areas,most others never see ,and I chose how to get there .

If I want to go the rural route I can .

Rural parts of the midlands are as good as anywhere I have ever been .

Try telling the locals that ,they just don't believe you.

The cv37 job turned out to be an Aussie from Sydney who now lives here ,lovely bloke .

Ive found it quite mild the last few days but the following week it was - 6 for a few days. I gave in and bought gloves. Lovely blue skies though so that makes a difference for me. Theres been some really amazing sunsets too. A little bit of sbow or frost would be nice for christmas day

Genuinely ,extremely mild here ,and that's genuine .

It was 13c yesterday and 8c overnight .

It was 21c in the house last night .

I turned the heating off and opened our bedroom window ,and it was still 19c when I got up .

Just walked the dog at 5.30am ,and its more like the winters I remember from bunbury w.a ,rather than the u.k.

No snow yet

No days below zero

Not even a breath of wind

Genuinely ,extremely mild here ,and that's genuine .

It was 13c yesterday and 8c overnight .

It was 21c in the house last night .

I turned the heating off and opened our bedroom window ,and it was still 19c when I got up .

Just walked the dog at 5.30am ,and its more like the winters I remember from bunbury w.a ,rather than the u.k.

No snow yet

No days below zero

Not even a breath of wind

Just drove my daughter to Solihull station at 10 to 6 am ...13c ....in winter !!!!