Please help!!! Anyone live in Richmond, Londonderry, south Windsor or anywhere in that area?

Mmirfin

Hi everyone,

my husband, my two boys, dog and I are moving to Richmond May 2017 to stay with family until we get on our feet and then will rent.

iv been trying to look up the areas but struggle to find much info from people that actually live in Richmond however have read some horrendous reviews for south Windsor that mention Richmond is the same.

iv read crime is bad and it's horrendous to live in all of these suburbs?

considering we have family there with businesses etc I can't imagine it being as bad as these reviews were!

so I was just wondering if anyone can give me their opinions of the area and where is good around Richmond for renting which is good for the kids too. I definately don't want to be where lots of crime where you can't feel safe! Am I just reading silly reviews from grumpy moaners?

I don't live there but I don't believe it either. Stopped in Windsor and Richmond quite a few times, not scary places IMO

There's a massive amount of snobbery in Sydney about both Western Sydney, and country towns. The archetypal "Westie" is a Middle Eastern or Pacific Islander ice fiend, the archetypal country town dweller is an inbred halfwit or redneck ocker. Richmond & Windsor suffer by being both Western Sydney *AND* country towns

Strangely, the "City of the Blue Mountains" appears to be immune from this. Perhaps because loads of Sydneysiders will go there for day trips or weekends, stop and presumably not be mugged, robbed, have drugs pushed at them or invited to join a duelling banjos competition? Somehow we're expected to believe that Penrith and all its surrounds are like South Central LA, go up the hill to Glenbrook and suddenly it's Bakewell? I think it's a crock. I don't *know* it's rubbish, but to me it has the smell of it

I don't remember many on here living in those towns but there used to be a few about who lived out Kellyville/Stanhope Gardens way, and that's not far away. So hopefully one of them will check in, they might be better informed whereas I'm going off gut instinct

Edited by northshorepom

Thanks everyone for the replys im guessing these reviews are just moaners that will pick at the most tiny of things!! family have said they love living there and its lovely... i was just bit nervous at these reviews on the homely site but obviously just a moaner! we intend to start in richmond however think we may travel and check out some places before we properly settle in one spot. got 2 years until the eldest starts school so we would like to settle in time for that.. cant help but be tempted with coffs harbour rental prices are brilliant there and to be by coast just such a long way from richmond. we arent the very city going sort of people... a supermarket will do me fine and the odd visit to a city as a day out but it doesnt really appeal to me... has anyone experienced coffs harbour?

• 2 weeks later...

Richmond seems nice for the casual visitor. I drive through there on way to and from the Blue Mountains. I have not lived there, so cannot say for sure about really how nice it is on a day to day basis. There are quite a few young single mums in the areas and limited job prospects. And Sydney is renowned for its snobbery on where you live. So I think living out west tends to get a bad rap for that reason. If your family love living there, then better to trust their judgement than some random stranger on a website.