Activating Visa

welder85

The only thing to look out for is that the visas do not come with the condition that the main applicant enters Australia first. This used to be quite common, I don't know if it is that common these days.

That was a condition on our visa that the primary applicant must enter first - it just meant that mine was the first passport given to the immigration officer - haven't heard it mentioned for a while on here so like you, don't know if it's still a common condition.

Our visa stipulated that my OH ( the main applicant ) had to enter first. I know may who have had one come first then the rest follow. Personally I think it's a shame as , as a family it's lovely to have that shared experience and I think it puts stress on one or the other of the partners that might be best shared. However if needs must then go for it.

Lovely WA ,,When it says the main applicant must activate first ,it can be by a second - meaning everyone can travel together and share the arrival experience ,Just make sure the main applicant produces his/ her passport first. It doesnt mean they have to come to Aus and enter alone.

Cal x

Lovely WA ,,When it says the main applicant must activate first ,it can be by a second - meaning everyone can travel together and share the arrival experience ,Just make sure the main applicant produces his/ her passport first. It doesnt mean they have to come to Aus and enter alone.

Cal x

Sorry that's not what I meant. I know the main applicant doesn't have to come on their own, we all came together but OH had to be first, I couldn't come first without him. Crickey I'm really having trouble explaining myself of late, my meaning is not coming across very well.

Sorry that's not what I meant. I know the main applicant doesn't have to come on their own, we all came together but OH had to be first, I couldn't come first without him. Crickey I'm really having trouble explaining myself of late, my meaning is not coming across very well.

I knew what you meant ?

Well you said it was a shame they couldn't have that shared experience. But they can, the main applicant just needs to be first in the queue.

What you can't do in this case, is have the family come in batches (as per the question in this thread) unless the main applicant is in the first batch.