Migration points test advice

pgeorge

Hi,

I am new to this forum and am in the process of applying for PR. I have successfully completed my skill assessment as "Welfare Centre Manager" through ACWA in which they mentioned that "the individual satisfies the professional and academic requirements for entry to the occupation".

I am about to lodge my EOI and will not be claiming any points for work experience (its less than 3 years), however I want to claim points on my qualification. What I want to know is whether it is necessary to apply for "Migration points test advice" through ACWA/Vetassess or will my successful skill assessment certificate suffice because it does mention that I am meeting the academic requirements.

Is there anyone else in this situation or someone who could advice me regarding this? I'm not applying through an agent, so would be happy to hear from anyone who could help.

Thanks,

pg

I have a non-relevant bachelor's degree (engineering in IT) and a master's degree in human resource management. I thought the above mentioned statement in my skill assessment certificate means that my master's degree is found suitable for this occupation. Will I still have to apply for points test advice for qualifications?

I have a non-relevant bachelor's degree (engineering in IT) and a master's degree in human resource management. I thought the above mentioned statement in my skill assessment certificate means that my master's degree is found suitable for this occupation. Will I still have to apply for points test advice for qualifications?

There is no requirement to apply for points test advice, I was trying to work out what qualification you had to determine whether it might be a good idea or not. If it were some weird and wonderful degree "equivalent", I might have said to get it assessed.

However as you appear to have a straight forward bachelor degree, then just claim points for your degree NOT your masters.

It is 15 points for a degree not a masters - if you put the masters down they would only ask for evidence of an underlying degree anyway hence might as well just declare the degree.

This part of the process is nothing to do with skills assessment, obviously you have passed skills assessment or you wouldn't be applying. This is about points now and you can get 15 points for a recognised degree (won't have any issues with a UK university obtained degree).

Edited by Bungo

Thank you for your quick response.

I thought one can claim points only for a "relevant" degree. Mine is an engineering bachelor's degree. On the other hand my master's degree is a relevant one for my occupation.

Will I not be able to claim points unless and until I do a "migrations points test advice" from ACWA/Vetasses. I thought that this is anyways just an advisory service to the DIBP, so is it required?

The thing is that currently I am getting 65 points but in Jan, I will turn 33 and then will earn just 60 points (which again is enough), but I still feel a sense of urgency to submit my EOI. If I apply for points test advice to ACWA, the application might take another 8 weeks plus $150, so I was wondering if I could do without it.

Please advise. Thanks.

Thank you for your quick response.

I thought one can claim points only for a "relevant" degree. Mine is an engineering bachelor's degree. On the other hand my master's degree is a relevant one for my occupation.

Will I not be able to claim points unless and until I do a "migrations points test advice" from ACWA/Vetasses. I thought that this is anyways just an advisory service to the DIBP, so is it required?

The thing is that currently I am getting 65 points but in Jan, I will turn 33 and then will earn just 60 points (which again is enough), but I still feel a sense of urgency to submit my EOI. If I apply for points test advice to ACWA, the application might take another 8 weeks plus $150, so I was wondering if I could do without it.

Please advise. Thanks.

You our are mixing up a couple of things, namely skills assessment and points test. Try to look at them separately.

There may very well be some skills assessments that require a relevant degree but the points test never has any such requirement, this is purely a way of accumulating points. You have already demonstrated to immigration that you have suitable qualifications by obtaining a skills assessment, immigration do not then want to doubly ensure this by demanding relapse ant degree as well. A degree, any recognised degree will get 15 points.

I have already commented on the requirement or otherwise to get an assessment. My answer will not change because you have asked the same question again. Same question. Same answer.