QUICK REPLY NEEDED PLEASE!!! Onshore partner visa

Lassie

We have just started to apply for an 820 onshore partner visa and struggling at the first hurdle.

Iam a UK citizen currently in Oz on a visitor visa.

Have got this question:

Your usual country of residene:

I was going to put UK but then it says in the side note that the residential address will also have to be 'offshore' then i.e uk address.

But i want to apply for ONSHORE partner visa.

What do i do? DO i put australia as country of residence and then also the australian address iam at?

Hi ali thanks for replies. The 47sp asks for usual country of residence.

Then the next question was to fill in your full residential address.

So far I have put the UK as my country of residence. And put my current Australian address as residential address.

However the side note explanation seemed to infer that one should be putting a residential address from the same country you have stated in your 'usual country of residence'

I'd have thought that if you are in Aus on a tourist visa its not where you hold your residential address as you are on holiday in Aus. If your usual country of residence is the UK then the residential address matching that country makes sense to me.

I really cannot say for sure either way tbh as my application was off shore.

I'd either wait till Monday morning and consult an agent or be patient and wait for more replies from those who lodged on shore to see what they did. The forum is always quieter on weekends and there are not masses of partner visa applicants onshore to be around to reply quickly. Honestly, waiting 24-48 hours to fill in the online application isn't going to be a disaster is it? Better to wait for some feedback than fill in and be wrong.

Post and ask this in the partner visa thread may also get it seen by more eyes on partner visa applications who may subscribe to the thread and therefore get notified a new post has been made to it.

Thanks snifter.

Yes I do agree with you on country of residence and current address etc I was just concerned about it looking like I was lodging an offshore application as it appears to be the same app form for both 309 and 820.

Will I be OK putting the UK and UK address then do you think? Even though I haven't actually lived in UK for over 2 years either. Have come from Canada where I was on working holidays.

No no rush I've had to save and log off for tonight anyway to double check some other details. I just had a moment where I was stressed and puzzled and worried about putting the wrong thing.

Oh you are the one been in Canada. OK so your case is a little more complicated then most in terms of where you have been residing etc if you've been elsewhere living.

Honestly, I'd be checking with an agent. $7,000 or so is a lot to lose on getting an application wrong by giving the wrong info.

Ok will look up an agent then maybe.

Iam currently thinking that UK as country and UK address might be the right way to go, however I will be concerned then that it will go through as an offshore app!

Also would it then look odd me later on in the app staying that I was living in Canada for over 2 years when I'd just stated that UK is my usual address?

Argh :(