Partner Visa Processing

watson150

Hi All,

I have been in Australia now coming up 8 years. I was originally here on a 457 visa, but in November last year was made redundant.

So my husband (who is an Australian Citizen) and I (UK Citizen) decided it was time to do the Partner Visa for Permanent residency. So we submitted and paid for the application back on Feb 4th. With all relevant documents that fully detail our 5 years together and over 2 years of marriage.

It was only last week that we received notification that our application is being allocated to a case officer soon.

I was wondering if anyone had done the same visa and had their permanent residency approved sooner than the advisory of the 2 years they mention? I am just wondering if there is a possibility.

I have been here 8yrs, worked non-stop, paid taxes etc. Have a mortgage on a home as well. Just wondering if this would assist in my application.

Thanks In Advance

I'm not sure if you're somewhat blending two questions into one. Partner visa processing is currently taking about 12 months, so if you submitted your application in early February, hopefully you will hear from a CO soon regarding anything that may be outstanding for them to complete their assessment of your application. If you've provided evidence of a relationship lasting at least 3 years, you'd likely be granted the 801 (permanent) visa immediately without needing to wait an additional 2 years.

I'm not sure if you're somewhat blending two questions into one. Partner visa processing is currently taking about 12 months, so if you submitted your application in early February, hopefully you will hear from a CO soon regarding anything that may be outstanding for them to complete their assessment of your application. If you've provided evidence of a relationship lasting at least 3 years, you'd likely be granted the 801 (permanent) visa immediately without needing to wait an additional 2 years.

Thanks MaggieMay!

I have received one email from immigration asking for a National Police Check for Australia and thats it. I have done this and uploaded to the application.

Just sitting and waiting now :)

Fingers crossed I get permanent residency soon!

I went through this same process a few years ago (457 to partner visa) and submitted a decision ready application supported by evidence of 17 years of marriage and 3 kids with my Aussie hubby.... It was taking forever and I ended up on a bridging visa which was not ideal. It was taking so long (11 months when I was quoted 6 months on submitting application) that I contacted my local State MP to complain and point out the fact that I had paid taxes and was supporting four Aussies on my salary and my concern about being on a bridging visa when I might have to travel overseas for work or for sick relatives. The MP's office contacted Immigration and, hey presto, I got it granted three days after I wrote to the MP.

You may wish to consider contacting your local MP if you feel that your application is not being processed quickly enough.... :wacko: