Can we enroll our child?

iiitoweriii

My wife and I are thinking of enrolling our 1 year and 6 months baby to a school. However, we are on a tourist visa. Any instances that the immigration would allow it? And what kind of visa should I apply for that? Need help

You can apply for a place for your child in a private school prior to having a visa but they would not be able to start. Even private schools receive government funding and this is only for permanent visas (some states also cover temporary work visas in others there is a charge)

A little confused as a tourist visa generally is for maximum of 12 months & your child is not school age yet.

My wife and I are thinking of enrolling our 1 year and 6 months baby to a school. However, we are on a tourist visa. Any instances that the immigration would allow it? And what kind of visa should I apply for that? Need help

Even if you could find a school willing to take a child on a tourist visa,at an international fee rate,children in Australia don't go to school at 18 months old! even for an older child surely the point of a family holiday is to spend time together? I'd have been well cross if my parents took me on holiday somewhere and promptly sent me to school!

You can't enrol an 18 month old child in school, no.

You can put your child 's name on a private school waiting list, just pay the fee, but there is no guarantee they will get a place when the child is old enough to be enrolled because many elite private schools want the kids' names down before they are born, almost. By the time your child is old enough to be at school then you will, no doubt, have sorted out what visa they will be in Australia on. If it is a student or other temporary visa then you will have to pay international fees. In future if you want to enrol them while on a tourist visa in another 4 years + then they can attend for a maximum of 12 weeks at international free rates.

If you are asking about child care then AFAIK there are no restrictions but why you would want to put your kid in care when you are on a short family holiday is quite unusual. There are some casual sessional care places where you would just pay the fees if they have spaces otherwise with long term child care I doubt you would get a place in any sort of tourist time frame and they wouldn't be interested in just a few weeks add they have permanent applications lined up through the door.