Crediting GCSE results to Senior School Certificate (QLD)

Aprilfool

Hi

I am just wondering if anyone has any experience with applying for their child's GCSE results to be credited towards their final senior grades/OP.

We will be moving to Brisbane after my son finishes his GCSE's in June 17, he will begin the 2nd semester of grade 11 on 10th July. I am hoping his GCSE results (which are predicted to be very good) will be enough to credit the missed semester.

The school I have spoken to have advised that from previous experience with South African students their results didn't credit enough.

They advised if they didn't credit enough he would have to continue past grade 12 to achieve the missed work from semester 1. He is fine to do this but I think it's a bit extreme given the amount of GCSE work he will have done.

I had my grades converted for university in the U.K. And my Junior Certificate converted to GCSE equivalents in A-C's so I am thinking UK/Aus grades might be more compatible than aus/SA.

Any advice/experience of moving kids after GCSE's would be much appreciated.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• 3 months later...

Hi all,

Same here, my daughter will be finishing June next year and my son finishing college.

My daughter will be 17 on 8th September 2018 so we were wondering if she would need to legally return to school ?

We plan to move to Gold Coast / Brisbane straight after.

Anyone able to advise ??

Regards

Colin

Edited by OzzHammer

Hi all,

Same here, my daughter will be finishing June next year and my son finishing college.

My daughter will be 17 on 8th September 2018 so we were wondering if she would need to legally return to school ?

We plan to move to Gold Coast / Brisbane straight after.

Anyone able to advise ??

Regards

Colin

Hi me too, our lad finishes year 11 this June, we are flying out August 31st, he is 17 on 2nd September....he was hoping to go straight into college if results are positive?

Hi all,

glad it's not just me asking this! Although I've had little advice! Here's our plans at this point... H will join the equivalent to yr 11 as soon as we arrive in Jul/Aug. He will continue to work through QLD yr 11 & 12. If he doesn't get enough credit from his U.K. Results to gain an OP then he will look at repeating another semester at the end or go TAFE to boost his grades for a good OP. My cousins son is repeating Yr 12 there now as he wasn't happy with his grades so it's quite normal practice there for kids to do it. My older son will have 6 months off when we get there and hopefully work and save some money before starting TAFE in Jan 2018. It's a bit of going in to the unknown but both boys are focused on what they want to do so they will find a way to achieve it! So much easier with the primary age child!!