Autumn statement

newjez

This will have a big effect.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/2016/11/19/revealed-treasury-to-announce-tax-raid-on-work-perks-enjoyed-by/

I lease a car through my work and it has become a very popular thing to do. But take the tax advantage away and I wouldn't bother.

Looks like sales of new cars will plummet then.

I'll have to buy a new bike.

Edited by newjez

Mmmmm, im in two minds. I always had a company car, ensuring it was as tax efficient but still enjoyable to drive as possible. Worked for me.

The government has 3 options from what I see.....

1, The Trump, borrow cart loads of money and continue to live on debt!

2, Squeeze the middle man/woman. An easy target who always gives however finds it harder day by day to live.

3, The unspoken solution. Hit the benefits system hard, significantly reduce government outgoings to pay down debt. Speak to people in America and they will show you true benefits cuts....no NHS, time limited unemployment benefits etc. UK has a huge number of benifits and to date nobody has dared talk about true deep cuts.

So Hammond has to find some money, which of the 3 would you go for? Number 2 is the easy option.....what are working taxpayers going to do, emigrate?

Please don't waste your time typing about tax recovery or company tax, UK is in a fragile position with Brexit so is very unlikely to scare off businesses in fact I can see UK being extremely business friendly especially considering the near non existence of union movements.

S