ShoalHaven - where to stay?

Naomi from Manchester

Hello,

Wondering if anyone can advise on the best pace to base ourselves in the shoalhaven area for 4 nights.

We would like to be walking distance from a beach which would suit a 2 yr old, as well as near a few cafes / restaurants. I guess we'll visit Hyams beach whilst we're there since that's the famous one. I can't work out if the town of Huskisson is near a decent beach or not. Anywhere to snorkel down there?

Thanks.

There are two beaches in Huskisson, with Shark Net Beach being closest and Moona Moona beach being slightly further down. Here is what my beach book says about them both

IMG_3734.jpg

IMG_3628.jpg

All of the beaches are beautiful, but you'd probably want to base yourself in Huskisson, which is where the main of the restaurants/cafes are and then drive down to one of the other beaches. I think there are a few shops (a little Mall I think) in Vincentia, but I don't know if there are cafes or restaurants. The beaches are mostly white and sandy, and have gentle gradients, although a couple of them are quite narrow, which is fine if the tide is out. The beaches in the Booderee National Park (Green Patch, Scottish Rocks, Hole in the Wall and Murrays Beach) are absolutely stunning, and have been pretty much deserted whenever we've been there.

IMG_3628.jpg

IMG_3734.jpg

• 1 month later...