help. need decompression back operation will this fail health check

dancing1112

Hi everyone.

We have been informed that due to a road traffic accident 2 years ago my husband needs to have a back decompression operation to relieve a trapped nerve. It isn't decided if my husband is going to go ahead with it. But if he does we are looking at 3 months recovery period. We have looked up health issues that could fail and we r concerned that we shouldn't apply until after his operation. But as the visa application is going to be about a year anyway, we are wondering if we should not wait and proceed as his operation would be December 2016 if my husband does go ahead with it. The application costs are not cheap. And so my question is to anyone who would be able to help advise or have been in a similar position could give some feedback or advice on their experience.

Since the accident my husband has been working with no problems just a big sore. And working 6 and 7 days a week. So working is no issue. We are led to believe he would be fully functional 3 months after the operation. He is a wall and floor tiler. Can anyone help advise us so we can make the decision when to start the application process with a migration agent. Many thanks from cold wet windy Wales UK. Longing to be in Oz.

We started the process to apply for a visa, e.g IELTS, skills assessment, AHPRA and then my daughter was placed on a waiting list for a minor heart op. We decided not to apply until she'd had the operation, in case she failed the medical, based on that she was awaiting treatment. You could always put in EOI, wait to be invited and then you've got 60 days to apply for the visa. Hopefully then his op will be done and he'll be on his way in his recovery. Then there could be another month to book medicals.

Or you can contact a migration agent now for advice?

Edited by Paige03

• 2 months later...

Firstly have you looked to see if an osteopath can help or does he genuinely need surgery.

If surgery is needed provided he does the "proper rehabilitation" afterwards and is back to work with no ill effects he should be ok with regards the medical.

Contact peter palmer - Osteopath in Cardiff or David Rodway in Swansea - these guys are good and maybe he doesn't need surgery. If he is working and is just sore it sounds like he should be ok.

Dr Roger!

• 2 months later...
On 19/11/2016 at 11:43 PM, dancing1112 said:

Hi everyone.

We have been informed that due to a road traffic accident 2 years ago my husband needs to have a back decompression operation to relieve a trapped nerve. It isn't decided if my husband is going to go ahead with it. But if he does we are looking at 3 months recovery period. We have looked up health issues that could fail and we r concerned that we shouldn't apply until after his operation. But as the visa application is going to be about a year anyway, we are wondering if we should not wait and proceed as his operation would be December 2016 if my husband does go ahead with it. The application costs are not cheap. And so my question is to anyone who would be able to help advise or have been in a similar position could give some feedback or advice on their experience.

Since the accident my husband has been working with no problems just a big sore. And working 6 and 7 days a week. So working is no issue. We are led to believe he would be fully functional 3 months after the operation. He is a wall and floor tiler. Can anyone help advise us so we can make the decision when to start the application process with a migration agent. Many thanks from cold wet windy Wales UK. Longing to be in Oz.

When I had my medical it was a chest X-ray then touch your toes (hubby couldn't) ? But then you have to lie on a bed and they rotate your legs and so fourth. (This was 10yrs ago)

I personally would wait just incase.

I feel his pain I was diagnosed with Lumbar Spine stenosis a few yrs back after damaging a couple disks.

All the best you you both