something i havent seen in the uk for 35 years ..

bunbury61

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

A punk rocker?

Spot on @....and skinheads and mohicans

I was at the " damned" gig on Saturday night in Leamington .

I was surprised to see a group of over 50 yr old skinheads ,in the doc martins ,ben Sherman shirts and Harrington jackets .

Young and old punks and mohicans .

The place was rocking .

The damned played all their usual stuff ( new rose ,neat ,neat,neat ,smash it up )it was like 1976 all over again .

Ears are still ringing

I was surprised to see a group of over 50 yr old skinheads ,in the doc martins ,ben Sherman shirts and Harrington jackets .

The place was rocking .

The damned played all their usual stuff ( new rose ,neat ,neat,neat ,smash it up )it was like 1976 all over again .

Ears are still ringing

Are you sure they were not 'old' punks with wasting hairlines? I last saw The Damned in 1991 at the Brixton Academy. Not long after they reformed. Certainly back in the day. (before they broke up) I don't recall skins at Damned gigs. It would have been a case of GBH. Punks and skins seldom really got on. If ever.

The place was rocking .

Ears are still ringing

One of the clubs I used to run ( 2000 - 2010 ) was a rock / indie /party anything ,we had 3 floors often get upwards of 2.5k people in.

we used to get all sorts often get punks , goths alternative ,looks can be deciving 99% were great customers great people.

One of the clubs I used to run ( 2000 - 2010 ) was a rock / indie /party anything ,we had 3 floors often get upwards of 2.5k people in.

we used to get all sorts often get punks , goths alternative ,looks can be deciving 99% were great customers great people.

Absolutely ....i often go to see bands at a " bikers" pub ...never any bother.

People are only there for the music .

I had a good chat with the skinheads

Are you sure they were not 'old' punks with wasting hairlines? I last saw The Damned in 1991 at the Brixton Academy. Not long after they reformed. Certainly back in the day. (before they broke up) I don't recall skins at Damned gigs. It would have been a case of GBH. Punks and skins seldom really got on. If ever.

Have you seen Green Room? A great film I wished I hadn't seen, very disturbing.

My OH plays in a punk band, they do originals and only get small audiences but they supported a cover band one night with a big following and there was the full spectrum from skins to punks - mainly over 50 & in most cases you could tell they were dressed up for the night and were probably bank managers & accountants!

My OH on the other hand looks like he's off to a gig on the school run - hilarious as our son is ay

a private school in Edinburgh and he still gets 'the look' sometimes :)

My OH plays in a punk band, they do originals and only get small audiences but they supported a cover band one night with a big following and there was the full spectrum from skins to punks - mainly over 50 & in most cases you could tell they were dressed up for the night and were probably bank managers & accountants!

My OH on the other hand looks like he's off to a gig on the school run - hilarious as our son is ay

a private school in Edinburgh and he still gets 'the look' sometimes :)

Good lad ...nothing like live music ....and when it cranks up ,you know you are ALIVE ...come on !