Vetassess photographs or videos of work samples Skilled Independent 189 Chef

Lou11

Hi there,

I'm just finalising my documents while waiting to do my first aid training for a skills assessment by Vetassess.

Does anyone have any experience as a Chef (Commercial Cookery) with a skills assessment?

Mostly everything is complete. But I do not have any video or photo evidence to submit.

I have emailed Vetassess about it but they seem to have completely ignored that part of my question.

Or does anyone from another trade have any advice regarding this?

Many Thanks!

Hi there,

I'm just finalising my documents while waiting to do my first aid training for a skills assessment by Vetassess.

Does anyone have any experience as a Chef (Commercial Cookery) with a skills assessment?

Mostly everything is complete. But I do not have any video or photo evidence to submit.

I have emailed Vetassess about it but they seem to have completely ignored that part of my question.

Many Thanks!

Click some pics where ever you work as a chef while working and submit it

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Hi there,

Many Thanks!

So why don't you take some photos if they want photos, this is not hard is it!

I am not surprised they ignored such a stupid question. To be honest, they probably think you are faking it now.

• 3 weeks later...
So why don't you take some photos if they want photos, this is not hard is it!

I am not surprised they ignored such a stupid question. To be honest, they probably think you are faking it now.

Acutally its harder than it sounds... My current employers will NOT let me use my camera in the work place for privacy reasons. And its pretty unlikely they think I'm faking it. As my evidence of employment plus qualifications will prove.

This was discussed with Vetassess at the London seminar yesterday. The short answer from them is that although pictures/video evidence can occasionally be useful, for the most part it doesn't tell them anything. That is, they can still pass an application without photo/video evidence, despite what the Vetassess website might say. This is from the horses mouth as it were.

Saying that, they did come up with an example of a Chef applicant who put together a 10 minute video made up of short segments of themselves undertaking each of the core competencies in turn! This did provide quite persuasive evidence in that particular case, but was seen as a quite unusual instance of photo/video evidence being a factor is the assessor's decision.

Edited by Richard Gregan