Best suburbs for families and with good catholic schools in Brisbane

LisaWal

Hi,

my family and I are moving to Brisbane in 4 or 5 weeks. I have a job at Greenslopes Private Hospital and would welcome any advice on family friendly suburbs with a reasonable commute to Greenslopes which has good catholic primary and secondary schools. We are looking to rent initially. Thank you in advance

Hi,

my family and I are moving to Brisbane in 4 or 5 weeks. I have a job at Greenslopes Private Hospital and would welcome any advice on family friendly suburbs with a reasonable commute to Greenslopes which has good catholic primary and secondary schools. We are looking to rent initially. Thank you in advance

Best of luck with your move.

What ages are your children?

I'm sure there are load of people on here familiar with Brisbane, I'm note one of them though!

B

@LisaWal I've moved this from Migration to our QLD forum. Migration is intended for visa matters and similar, not suburbs and schools.

Also we have an Education forum and a Renting and Real Estate forum.

There are lots of Catholic schools around Brisbane. Girls? Boys? What ages are your children?

I commute from the Bayside to South Bank each day on the train - it's an easy commute (about 45 mins). We have a number of single sex schools and some very good primaries in the area.

It depends on how long you want to commute. Emmaus College at Jimboomba does prep to Yr 12 and is a good school. It is private so does have fee's but they are very reasonable. It takes me between 35 and 55 minutes to get to Greenslopes Hospital from Jimboomba depending on the time day.

Property is very reasonable out this way too, especially if you want space and a country feel, yet all ammenities are on hand.

Cal x