Harry Potter Warner Bros studio tour.

Has anyone done the Harry Potter Warner Bros tour before?

If so, was it a worthwhile day out for kids (and adults) or a bit of a rip off/let down? If it was a let down can you explain why?

Thanks in advance :)

If so, was it a worthwhile day out for kids (and adults) or a bit of a rip off/let down? If it was a let down can you explain why?

to be honest I wasn't expecting much. Only went there for the kids. But I actually got quite into it. Didn't have any of the food or drink, all looked over priced and was very busy. But the actual place I thought really good.

I went last year for my birthday and going again this year. I would say it's good entertainment for 2-4 hours and there is plenty to see. There are employees who will tell you about the different exhibition sections eg we had one who told us how they made all the fake snow. We didn't eat there and the photos are expensive if you want one (£10 a photo when I went) but if the adults and kids have seen all the movies I think it's a good half a day out.

I went there in 2014 for the hogwarts at Christmas thing. It's good, I really like HP but I'm not the most dedicated fan. I still managed to spend a good few hours there. The detail in everything is amazing. It's fairly expensive though like most tourist stuff. I didn't do the photo on the broom although I wish I had lol. The trip is worth it if the family are big fans

Yeah I went last year, I'm a HP fan so I'll be biased but I loved it! There's a lot to see around and look at. The HP souvenirs are expensive, I got a wand which was £25 and that was one of the cheaper things except for things like sweets and keyrings. It's worth it though if you're a fan. I spent a few hours there, very enjoyable, and plan to go back again next year.

Done it 13 months ago ...very good day out ....if you or your kids are into harry potter ..its worth a visit ....diagon alley ,the costumes ,some of the sets

Really enjoyed it

Did it a couple of years ago. We are big HP fans so was definitely worth it for us although I don't remember the cost, but I think we would have paid whatever. It was very interesting seeing the real sets and amazing how small some of those spaces were, I am thinking of the boys dorm in particular!

For non HP fans, I am not sure how much general appeal it would have.

It's very good, easy to find, park and very well laid out and a tip is to get in on one of the earlier AM sessions as people linger and the later ones can be crowded. Our aussie kids loved it, aged 14, 12 and 8.

It beats Madame Tussauds hands down and did not feel like a rip off, there are some pretty impressive props, I was impressed that the Gringits bank door actually works and is real!!

134 gbp for the 5 of us, along with the obligatory wands, candy and butter beer!

Edited by deryans

My girls (both teenagers) have done the studio tour and loved it. Mind you, we all love the books and the films. We also went on a Harry Potter walking tour in London (leaving from Leicester Square and finishing at Kings Cross Station). It was brilliant and very reasonably priced. Our guide was played one of the dementors in the last movie!!

Thank you for the replies. We are HP fans hence wanting to go see it all. My big niggle is it's a long way from where we will be in England and public transport would not really be viable, so it's an M5 M4 drive if we do go.

Planning a trip to the UK next year and figured as we are going to be there again, may as well go see a few things on our bucket list. At least do some stuff we want rather than seeing the same stuff over down in the south west or going to London again (would rather avoid London this time).

Next overseas holiday I hope is in New Zealand :) Far less hassle and stress and I really want to go.