Possible Lyme disease - will this effect future emigration?

sadlersville

Hi,

I have just found a classic bulls-eye tick bite mark on my lower leg since having returned from Italy

I know I'm going to have to go to my GP here for blood work & antibiotics but will this result in any complications for a future application to emigrate out to Oz?

My husband and both children have full citizenship & my application would be for a spouse visa.

Has anyone had any experience of this?

Many thanks,

Kat.

• 3 months later...
Guest The Pom Queen
Lymmes Disease does not officially exist in humans in Australia so its possibly a non issue!

Yes it does, they thought hubby may have had Lyme disease before they diagnosed Parkinson's. I also know that a number of people in one of my support groups have Lyme disease.

To the OP I wouldn't worry too much you would be very unlucky to have caught Lyme disease.

Yes it does, they thought hubby may have had Lyme disease before they diagnosed Parkinson's. I also know that a number of people in one of my support groups have Lyme disease.

To the OP I wouldn't worry too much you would be very unlucky to have caught Lyme disease.

I do think it's a questionable diagnosis here, I know someone who was diagnosed with it then told that they didn't have it (but are unwell just the same).