Hey all 31 yr old tradesman and family looking to move to Australia

mart321

Hi all. Me and and my family are currently discussing the idea of moving to Australia from the north east UK. I'm 31 and work as a plater/fabricator. I have been told there is plenty of work around in my trade. My partner is 36 and works as a self employed photographer. We have two young boys 1 and 5.

We both love the UK but have grown disillusioned with the poor weather and lack of investment and things to do in the north east. We enjoy the outdoors and it seems in the UK it's the norm to sit in and watch TV all week then get bladderred all weekend and go to work miserable on Monday, dreading another week at work. Most of my friends family and colleagues seem to follow this path. My cousin emigrated around 15 years ago and has never looked back and he seems very happy. I feel like if we are going to go then now is the time. I am only in the very early stages at the moment and just doing a little research but would appreciate any input from expats and Aussie's and ppl who have been through it, whether it's been good or bad. Thanks all

Guest John from Moneycorp
Hi all. Me and and my family are currently discussing the idea of moving to Australia from the north east UK. I'm 31 and work as a plater/fabricator. I have been told there is plenty of work around in my trade. My partner is 36 and works as a self employed photographer. We have two young boys 1 and 5.

We both love the UK but have grown disillusioned with the poor weather and lack of investment and things to do in the north east. We enjoy the outdoors and it seems in the UK it's the norm to sit in and watch TV all week then get bladderred all weekend and go to work miserable on Monday, dreading another week at work. Most of my friends family and colleagues seem to follow this path. My cousin emigrated around 15 years ago and has never looked back and he seems very happy. I feel like if we are going to go then now is the time. I am only in the very early stages at the moment and just doing a little research but would appreciate any input from expats and Aussie's and ppl who have been through it, whether it's been good or bad. Thanks all

We work with some companies who could be useful to have a chat with for these type of jobs - feel free to private message me and I can provide more information.

Thanks

John