Want to lose weight?

Guest BigJon

"I know that snacking my way through half a brie, or stopping on the way into work for bacon and eggs probably isn't going to help me lose weight for instance! "

The thing is that yes it will !! As long as you cut out the carbs and sugar and take some moderate exercise. Look at the results of 30 + years of the "low fat" diet - Diabetes and obesity on worldwide epidemic levels. Eating Fat does not make you Fat. Eating sugar does. The "low fat" diet is not only useless, it absolutely endangers health. The proof of that can be seen everywhere.

I agree, there is no such thing as a miracle diet or a miracle pill - there are numerous snake oil salesmen out there. I researched the hell out of it and took some nutrition courses - all of which pointed me to the same conclusion. On 60 minutes just last night, an ex Australian rugby player was interviewed about his 40 kg weight loss. He did it by cutting carbs and sugar. It is not a diet - it is taking control of your own health and making the decisions that work for you.

There are simple rules to follow

1. Consult your doctor first to check on any underlying health issues - get your bloods done regularly, to establish a base line and to monitor the lifestyle change. Take their advice.

2. Do your research - a good starting point for me was the youtube video " Butter makes your pants fall down"

3. Avoid sugar and carbohydrates as much as you can.

4. Exercise - 30 mins of walking every other day - some swimming some cycling maybe workout at the gym etc - nothing too extreme. Aim to exercise in some form for 30 mins every day as a minimum.

5. Eat mostly plants.

6. Approach the whole process with an open mind - discover what works for you. Cast off any preconceived notions about food and weight loss.