Newbie.

Jenjen

Hi, I am literally a newbie to this.

Im 27 from Uk and have been a registered nurse for 18 months.

I wish to come over and work as nurse (for an undertmined amount of time).

I also want to bring my partner over, he is 32, Britsh and a HGV driver.

We don't live together at present but have been together for 6 years.

What visa can I get so that both of us can come over together, and he can work too? How do I prove we've been together this long?

Thanks!

Jen x

Hi Jen

Nurses normally find it quite easy to migrate (I think you may need to make sure your qualifications are at degree level?). Have a look at www.border.gov.au for visa requirements.

Your partner could in the worst case get a WHV (you can get these up to 35 now I think) and then live with you for a year, and then apply for a spouse visa.

Which part of Australia were you thinking of moving to?

Edited by buzzy--bee

GDay Jen.

Don't move to darwin!

Start off in OZ somewhere else......darwin is hard core. We didn't have a choice but to move here but christ, I've sweated off 5 stone just because of the humidity. It's a damn hick town but I'm not right in the head so i fit in alright. ;)

Our immigration agent said it was easier because if your married because you live together and can prove that via bills, rental agreements, joint bank accounts etc.

There are visa's he can have if your engaged to be married or married but just a relationship? I don't know.

http://www.border.com.au and search the VISA FINDER and it'll bring up info on partner visa's.

If it helps, we used John at Immigrations2Oz. Got our visa under a year.

What visa can I get so that both of us can come over together, and he can work too? How do I prove we've been together this long?

Thanks!

Jen x

Is there a particular reason you do not live together? If there isn't, well then it doesn't matter how long you have been dating, it is of no relevance, you are not defacto and will not be able to lodge a joint visa aapplication. I would suggest putting it on hold, living together and accumulating proof of such. Oh or you could get married.

GDay Jen.

Don't move to darwin!

Start off in OZ somewhere else......darwin is hard core. We didn't have a choice but to move here but christ, I've sweated off 5 stone just because of the humidity. It's a damn hick town but I'm not right in the head so i fit in alright. ;)

Our immigration agent said it was easier because if your married because you live together and can prove that via bills, rental agreements, joint bank accounts etc.

There are visa's he can have if your engaged to be married or married but just a relationship? I don't know.

www.border.com.au and search the VISA FINDER and it'll bring up info on partner visa's.

If it helps, we used John at Immigrations2Oz. Got our visa under a year.

I've just been reading up on these visas for if you're engaged to be married, I mean, what happens if you're engaged for years but never actually get married lol , can he still come over on this visa? haha sounds a bit trusting to me!

Thanks!

Jen x

Just double check stuff about Ahpra - you need that to be able to work (at least this was the case 2 years ago when we were prepping our move). It'll be on here. Diploma Nurses were getting a harder time getting Ahpra registered, but degree nurses could get that sorted easy. My wife's a nurse here

Not sure about the rest of it. Call an agent, just for a preliminary chat, they should be able to answer some for free just to give you a rough idea what's what.

I've just been reading up on these visas for if you're engaged to be married, I mean, what happens if you're engaged for years but never actually get married lol , can he still come over on this visa? haha sounds a bit trusting to me!

I 'piggy backed' on my hubby's visa as we weren't married at the time of applying. You have to prove De Facto, so this will be hard if your not living together.

Cal x