Art/architecture fans in Sydney

northshorepom

Just a quick reminder of a couple of upcoming things that you might find of interest. I think both are great events

First up is Sculpture by the Sea - a series of installations along the Bondi-Tamarama walk. Setting is fantastic and the joy of this sort of stuff is that with so many exhibitors, you'll always find some stuff that speaks to you - and others you think should be put in the bin - and the people you're with will probably have a different view. It gets busy at weekends so try and go midweek if at all possible, maybe before or after work if you're tied up. Starts today for 2 weeks, free

http://sculpturebythesea.com/bondi/

Next one is next weekend (5-6 November), when Sydney Open is on again - your ticket gets you access to lots of buildings that are usually closed to the public, many of them fantastic examples of architecture of all ages of the city. One day only on Sunday, $49, reductions for concessions. http://sydneylivingmuseums.com.au/sydneyopen

Also was very pleased to see on Tuesday evening on a trip down to North Sydney that by the harbour, the Jacarandas are just coming into flower. They're not quite there yet up here >100m above sea level but it won't be long. Spring is here

:cool:

• 2 months later...

I did one of your three suggestions - took part enthusiastically in Sydney's Jacaranda Festival, i.e. I took photos of every one in bloom that I passed. One of my friends from England was here in October and he took up my suggestion to see the Sculptures by the Sea, although I did not go myself. Too many grockles!