What happens when your ship arrives!

Kanga

I have been back in Australia for nearly 4 months now and still no sign of my goods being delivered. The ship bringing them from the UK to Brisbane arrived on 30th September and I have been advised that my goods are awaiting quarantine inspection. Here in Brisbane apparently the inspectors only come twice a week and they chose which goods they will inspect on the day. How long it takes is up to them. The shipping agents here do not appear to have any say in the matter.

I am pretty fed up with the whole saga. In my opinion the delay is totally unacceptable. I am still camping in an empty house courtesy of the kindness of friends lending me the basics. All my office equipment (not computer) is in the shipment plus everything else.

Has anyone else had this problem with the quarantine people in Brisbane please? If nothing happens soon will probably seek some legal advice to see if anything can be done, as a date for delivery cannot be provided.

:mad::mad:

I dont think the wait from 30th Septenber to now is too bad if you have been selected for inspection. Even if you were not selected for inspection it can be a week or so until you clear and get an unpacking date booked in.

I think where you have been unlucky is that your ship appears to have taken a long time if you were packed up mid June and it only arrived end September. Did it sit in port for a while? And then you were doubly unlucky to get chosen for inspection, most are not.

I think you would be wasting your time on legal advice, the process can take time. I would however keep the pressure up on the shippers, every day. We had a little bit of a delay moving back, just a couple of weeks later than we thought but we had a holiday booked and really wanted to get our stuff back before then as all the summer clothes were on ship and we just wanted to get sorted.