Anyone know who to book a big taxi from the airport with? (& child seats?)

CelinaOz

Hi lovely people, we've got the shipping people coming this Thursday (eek!) and there's a month until we fly, so I feel like a crazy person at the moment with lots to sort out!

I've googled this but not come up with anything helpful. I'm guessing many others on here have been in the same situation as this so I'd be gratfeul for how you did it...

You land in Sydney, with two children and 5-6 suitcases. Who do you contact to take you to your hotel? (We are staying in Double Bay for 2 nights before heading to our holiday let in Cammeray so will hire a car after that).

Is there a company I can pre-book online a minivan taxi or something? And do they usually hire out/provide child car seats?

Thanks

Celina x

Try one of the big taxi services like Silver Service, Apple or Legion

With all that luggage say you need a minivan or station wagon, with a car seat (or 2, don't know how old your kids are)

This sort of request is quite common so I don't think you'll have too much trouble

All the big companies do online booking but make sure you speak to a real person as well (phone or e-mail) to make sure it is understood what you need. They are used to airport pickups

Good luck. Double Bay is a shortish easy run from the airport so don't stress too much

You'll need a Maxi taxi type affair. They are usually found at all airports. Like the post above says, there is a person at the head of the taxi queue that directs people to appropriate size cars (we arrived with same amount as you, plus a little more). Not sure about the car seat though, didn't have children at the time...

Hi lovely people, we've got the shipping people coming this Thursday (eek!) and there's a month until we fly, so I feel like a crazy person at the moment with lots to sort out!

I've googled this but not come up with anything helpful. I'm guessing many others on here have been in the same situation as this so I'd be gratfeul for how you did it...

You land in Sydney, with two children and 5-6 suitcases. Who do you contact to take you to your hotel? (We are staying in Double Bay for 2 nights before heading to our holiday let in Cammeray so will hire a car after that).

Is there a company I can pre-book online a minivan taxi or something? And do they usually hire out/provide child car seats?

Thanks

Celina x

You can get a maxi taxi, but we booked a private mini bus (in Perth), as it wasn't much more than a maxi taxi, and they met us in arrivals with a sign with our names on it, which was nice. Just texted them when the plane landed. Sure you can get a similar thing in Sydney.