Dentists

trabonita

You can go to any dentist you want but you will either have to have dental on your health insurance or pay full price for your treatment.

As per this. Nothing covered by Medicare

Some health plans are better than others when it comes to covering dental fees

I can recommend you a dentist on the north side of Sydney (so feasible to reach probably from Central Coast) who is very reasonable in terms of cost and very lovely if you're a nervous dental attender.

Just to give you a price idea. I went last week, had checkup, 2 X rays and cleaning. My insurance paid 145$, I paid 250 $ out of pocket. Not cheap but fortunately I don`t need to have anything done. We have a pretty basic insurance, you can get a higher level ( higher fee per month) based on what you are expecting you`ll need.

Thank you, I think I will just check out some local ones but thank s anyway. I'm guessing prices can vary quite wildly then? Is it worth getting a dental plan/insurance? Do children get free treatment? Thanks

I paid for both kids dental care. I think there is a scheme that allows for free dental care for children but we weren`t eligible, the dental office checked at first visit.

Hi,

Can anyone tell me how dentist fees work please? is it covered by medicare at all or do you have to pay for all treatment/check ups? Also, can you choose to see any dentist or do you need to go local, i'm on the central coast. Thank you.

Adults have to pay for all treatment and you can go to any . We have PR so my kids get a free voucher each year which has a limit on it but it has allways covered their check ups and the odd filling .you cannot use it towards orthodontic treatment though which is expensive over here but you can go on payment plans for this to spread the cost

Dental care indeed is a private contract between patient and dentist. So cost is as negotiated.

Private health insurance can be very selective on whether it covers all or some dental care. So look around if you plan on paying for private health cover.

However, in some states basic dental care for children is covered via the school dental service.

Also, for those with a very low income and a current health care card public dental care may be available via the public dental service.

Lastly, some universities who offer degrees in dentistry also have outpatient dental clinics for the public. These are to offer clinical practice for the undergraduate students, and are overseen by lecturers in dentistry, and are obviously dentists. This is at a much lower cost than private dental care..

Sent from my SM-N920I using Tapatalk

As per this. Nothing covered by Medicare

Some health plans are better than others when it comes to covering dental fees

I can recommend you a dentist on the north side of Sydney (so feasible to reach probably from Central Coast) who is very reasonable in terms of cost and very lovely if you're a nervous dental attender.

Hi @northshorepom - would you mind letting me have the details of your dentist? Am looking for a new one in SYD... Thanks!