Having two ongoing visa applications

Guest Pjb35

Hey guys,

About a month ago I applied for a Second Working Holiday Visa (from Netherlands), still haven't heard back, and I've booked flights to OZ already, supposed to be leaving in two weeks. Although the embassy warns against making travel arrangement before receiving a visa, I allowed twice as much time than the maximum processing time, thinking I'm on the safe side...but nope.

So now I think I have two choices: change my flight and wait for the visa to be granted; or withdraw my WH visa and apply for a tourist visa, and once I'm in OZ, reapply for the WH visa. The latter will cost me less than the prior. Does anyone know if it is possible for me to apply for a tourist visa now, while my WH is being processed, and see which one gets granted first? That way I leave open the possibility of receiving the WH on time, while also knowing I can enter OZ with a tourist visa if I don't.

Cheers!

I don't know the answer hopefully someone who does will comment soon. However I would have thought if you now applied for a tourist visa it would look dodgy as if your not a genuine tourist due to you applying for a WHV so it may get rejected? Fingers crossed you get your grant very soon.