Florida

Jamiemadden7

I've been lucky enough to have been to Florida around 10 times in my lifetime so if you need any help just pm me, if you want to cut down on Disney parking, park at downtown Disney and get a free shuttle bus, who's your car hire with? if Alamo, join Alamo insiders club you get free insurance, free tank of fuel and a free upgrade, they may have changed some of the perks though, travel insurance we normally go with atlas, costs us around £40-£60 for all 6 of us, you must visit Sarasota, it's by far the best beach in Florida and one of the best in the entire us and while there visit Yoda's restaurant the food is beautiful, also and air boat ride, have a look at http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/2 the forum is full of info, tickets are price matched and you get loads of freebies, back to parking in Disney, my advise arrive early as in before it opens for best parking, the parking lots are HUGE!!!!

Do you have any other parks planned? if I went back the one thing I would do apart from Sarasota is go back to discovery cove this was the single best day of the entire 10 holidays I've had in Florida, it's not cheap but all food and drink is included and the amount of visitors restricted.

Thank you for that, the parks which I have booked are Disney and Universal (with Halloween Horror Nights), although thinking about adding Sealife, Aquatica and Busch Gardens on for 95 pounds, A little unsure on how much spending money to take also, not a massive eater and happy with fast food etc for the 2 weeks.

Guest The Pom Queen
Thank you for that, the parks which I have booked are Disney and Universal (with Halloween Horror Nights), although thinking about adding Sealife, Aquatica and Busch Gardens on for 95 pounds, A little unsure on how much spending money to take also, not a massive eater and happy with fast food etc for the 2 weeks.

Busch gardens use to be my favourite. Food is cheap some portions are so large you could share. We got a pizza the size of a dustbin lid and it was $20

Couldn't believe the portion sizes, its ridiculous haha. I remember going somewhere for breakfast and they had things like macaroni at the breakfast buffet lol. I would kill for some pancakes or something like that.

Busch gardens was quite good and my faves were universal and Disney land (never too old!). Wouldnt go back to seaworld or discovery cove.. mostly to do with my view onnthe animals. My friend said epcot is good but i didnt go. You can do a pub crawl to the different countries lol

I've paid for tickets upfront and if i decide to go with the Lynx, I'm thinking about taking $1,000 for the 2 weeks, which will be food and lynx, anything left over I'll treat myself :)

Not sure if you mean 1000 AU or US, but either way I have a feeling it will not be enough, have a facility to get more or take a back-up credit card.

Halloween in the us is fantastic, I was in New York in 2009 for Halloween I felt the odd one out as everyone and I mean everyone was dressed up, just amazing.

I stayed with my friend who lived in Metuchen and it was great seeing all the houses done up.