Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Florida

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by The Pom Queen View Post
      Food is cheap, at the hotel they have a small buffet (very tiny) but we didn't eat there. Hubby and my son use to just get hot dogs and subs from the onsite shop. They had a bar which I believe served food but again we didn't use it. There is an off license across the road. I'm trying to remember the name of the other all you can eat that's across from maccas, I think it's Golden Coral but I may be wrong, but that was a lot nicer than sizzler. If you are just doing theme parks and I Drive then to be honest you don't need a car. We were there for just under 3 months and travelled everywhere so that's why we had one.
      Golden Corral for breakfast WOW that place has all the food you could ever ask for, freshly cook omelette, strawberries and cream you name it.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      2457 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Jamiemadden7 View Post
      Hello All,

Off to Florida in about 2 weeks, been given 2 weeks free car hire, but need to add the costs on top of insurance which is about $250 and then fuel, parking at Disney which is going to cost around $120 overall VS public transport of $16 a week. Costs are split between 4 except the public transfer which is each.

Staying on International Drive (Rosen Inn International) if that helps.

Any advice would be greatly appreciated.
      I used to live in Florida. PM me if you need any extra info.

Just be aware that there are many free buses to the numerous parks, so you won't need to drive and pay for parking all of the time if you don't want to.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      3471 times
      Rep
      I went 6 years ago this month and found it cheap too but i always forgot the tax, its annoying. And you have to tip pretty much everything. be careful with the driving too, we found it to be quite bad. On our first night we drove past like 5 crashes. Other than that its great. Enjoy!

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      35948 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by SUPERSTARDJ01 View Post
      I've never waited hours for my car, the car pick up is a 2min walk from the terminals and most i've ever waited is 10-15 mins max most the time it's a matter of signing and told to go pick a car.

I also preferred the freedom of a car, getting to the beach when we wanted was easy didn't have to do all the tourist stuff wasn't stuck waiting around much easier with a car and driving in Florida is really easy.
      I guess that was Alamo as we had the same experience, but I remember going a few years earlier and think it was dollar and it was chaotic, then you had the sales pitch etc.
      If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      35948 times
      Rep
      Halloween in the us is fantastic, I was in New York in 2009 for Halloween I felt the odd one out as everyone and I mean everyone was dressed up, just amazing.
      It's the same in Canada fantastic atmosphere
      If you are depressed you are living in the past. If you are anxious you are living in the future. If you are at peace you are living in the present.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      3471 times
      Rep
      They had some of the halloween stuff out when we were there, some of the villas were done up. Im jealous, wish i was going back for a visit to stock up in Disney stuff and eat all the food haha

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      I've been lucky enough to have been to Florida around 10 times in my lifetime so if you need any help just pm me, if you want to cut down on Disney parking, park at downtown Disney and get a free shuttle bus, who's your car hire with? if Alamo, join Alamo insiders club you get free insurance, free tank of fuel and a free upgrade, they may have changed some of the perks though, travel insurance we normally go with atlas, costs us around 40-60 for all 6 of us, you must visit Sarasota, it's by far the best beach in Florida and one of the best in the entire us and while there visit Yoda's restaurant the food is beautiful, also and air boat ride, have a look at http://www.attraction-tickets-direct.co.uk/2 the forum is full of info, tickets are price matched and you get loads of freebies, back to parking in Disney, my advise arrive early as in before it opens for best parking, the parking lots are HUGE!!!!

Do you have any other parks planned? if I went back the one thing I would do apart from Sarasota is go back to discovery cove this was the single best day of the entire 10 holidays I've had in Florida, it's not cheap but all food and drink is included and the amount of visitors restricted.

Thank you for that, the parks which I have booked are Disney and Universal (with Halloween Horror Nights), although thinking about adding Sealife, Aquatica and Busch Gardens on for 95 pounds, A little unsure on how much spending money to take also, not a massive eater and happy with fast food etc for the 2 weeks.

Title
      Administrator
      Liked
      35948 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Jamiemadden7 View Post
      Thank you for that, the parks which I have booked are Disney and Universal (with Halloween Horror Nights), although thinking about adding Sealife, Aquatica and Busch Gardens on for 95 pounds, A little unsure on how much spending money to take also, not a massive eater and happy with fast food etc for the 2 weeks.
      Busch gardens use to be my favourite. Food is cheap some portions are so large you could share. We got a pizza the size of a dustbin lid and it was $20

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      3471 times
      Rep
      Couldn't believe the portion sizes, its ridiculous haha. I remember going somewhere for breakfast and they had things like macaroni at the breakfast buffet lol. I would kill for some pancakes or something like that.

Busch gardens was quite good and my faves were universal and Disney land (never too old!). Wouldnt go back to seaworld or discovery cove.. mostly to do with my view onnthe animals. My friend said epcot is good but i didnt go. You can do a pub crawl to the different countries lol

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      I've paid for tickets upfront and if i decide to go with the Lynx, I'm thinking about taking $1,000 for the 2 weeks, which will be food and lynx, anything left over I'll treat myself :)

•  
    Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast