Certifying documents

Dragonflygecko

Hi PIO people,

I've had a look on here and can't find the answer to my question. I am planning to certify my documents this week for my TRA Skilled Assessment. I have about 118 pages, for example, I have 47 payslips! It says on the Australia Consulate £17 per document so does that mean payslips class as one document? Anyone have any experience on this one especially with Australian Consulate... Otherwise it looks like £2,000 will be spent on certifying documents :arghh:

Any advice much appreciated.. we have just started the process!

Tia

I took VARIOUS documents to and from soliciter to certify. I was charged around £40 the 1st time. I never did pay slips as I did bank statements so would have been less to sign. Had o go back with the odd document. Passport driving licence etc but all went through well. Should be able to sign as a bulk I would have thought.

if they wrote I'm signing ALL 47 payslips in bulk. They can quickly stamp each one if they are kind enough.

done my skills assesment and was all pretty straight forward.

jamie

I can't recall reading of people spending £2,000 on certifying documents.

My visa was a different visa type but we used our solicitor to certify our documents and it cost about £35-40 for them all. He didn't charge per page or item, just for 10 minutes of his time sort of thing.

• 4 months later...
Can anyone say if normal certification of documents is ok through a solicitor? In the process of uploading documents for my application but it says they have to be verified by a justice of the peace or a notary?!

Hi We had a different type of visa but needed some of our documents needed certifying. We took them to the local law courts and they certified them for us. cost? £0.00

Edited as you're asking a different question!

TRA skilled assessment - who are you doing it with? My wife had to get it all done via a Notary Public for Physiotherapy - it would have been £400 but she reduced it to £250 as she thought the whole process was so ridiculous (in Australia virtually anybody could do it). She didn't have as many docs as you though.

Edited by Croft

WOW two grand that is steep!!!

Not sure why you need 47 payslips, seems a bit excessive to me.

I came over on a 457 visa sponsored by my company, and do not recall that many documents that needed signing. I was lucky, I suppose, in my office building we had a law firm on one of the floors. I popped in and asked the receptionist if I could see one of the lawyers. He signed them for free.

Simon, cannot confirm your question but if you do not get an answer here best to go with what they ask for, unless you contact them and ask what options you have for the verification. Best to get it done correctly first time round.

This is an old question but I'll answer for future use. Tra allows you to use whatever your particular country accepts. So for example, in Canada there's probably about 20 occupations that can sign documents. One of those is engineer and I have an engineer friend. I just included a web page printout proving that engineers endorsements were acceptable in Canada.

If I remember correctly, a teacher was acceptable to sign my UK passport photos, I dare say there's quite a few more "common" professions that allow it too. If you have any friends on that list you could ask them for a favour.

Regarding pay stubs. I submitted about a dozen of them. Mine were quite small (cheque size) and put 3 per page.

Sent from my LG-H990 using Tapatalk