Apply for 457 Defacto

playitbyear

Hi guys

My boyfriend has been in Oz almost four years, he's been two years on his 457. I arrived early this year and have had joint bank accounts, lived together and shared expenses just over 6 months. We have flight tickets of trips together, and his employer has agreed to uphold sponsorship. What else is needed to bulk our application? I want to lodge it myself to save cost, but need to make sure it is not declined. All suggestions welcome :)

Hi guys

My boyfriend has been in Oz almost four years, he's been two years on his 457. I arrived early this year and have had joint bank accounts, lived together and shared expenses just over 6 months. We have flight tickets of trips together, and his employer has agreed to uphold sponsorship. What else is needed to bulk our application? I want to lodge it myself to save cost, but need to make sure it is not declined. All suggestions welcome :)

Is he your boyfriend or your defacto?

Remember defacto is all but married in name. Six months as boyfriend and girlfriend is unlikely to be enough.

Hi guys

What visa are you on? Do you need to apply now or can it wait a little longer? Immigration have little interest in flights and tickets, people travel with friends and new boyfriends all the time, accordingly evidence of joint address and finances is more important. Sammy makes a good point too, get out of the habit of referring to him as "boyfriend". There is no "boyfriend" visa, visas are available for defacto partners.

you will need to evidence that you have been living together for 2 years... that's showing joint names on utilities etc, plus things like joint banking or transactions between your bank accounts helps.

Two years for a 457 visa is definitely way more than required.

must be different then as we had to evidence 2 years for our 176 visa.

I'm surprised at 2 years, generally its 12 months to prove de facto, either for Spouse or Skills visas. 457s are different thoughprobably because they are only a temporary visa.They do only require 6 months.

• 1 month later...
I'm surprised at 2 years, generally its 12 months to prove de facto, either for Spouse or Skills visas. 457s are different thoughprobably because they are only a temporary visa.They do only require 6 months.

Ok thank you all for your replies. Yes 6 months is all that we need for the 457 defacto.

Has anyone lodged their own application without using a migration agent?

We're all ready to lodge I am just wondering what form is required to be completed? Form 1436 is all that we can see on his immi account?

Is it just that form along with all of our evidence? I'm confident we have more than enough evidence