Ballart advice

aimeej

Hi,

I am moving to Ballarat in January and I starting to feel really curious about what there is going on in the town. I'm moving out to Oz on my own, so will be looking for things to get involved with. Are there particularly good places to meet people/groups to be involved in etc?

I'm also curious as to housing - where are good areas to be based? I'll be working fairly centrally.

Any other advice about Ballarat life would be greatly appreciated!

Most of the Ballarat folk I know are either church connected or students. I guess it all depends how old you are and what interests you have. There's a reasonably good sports centre and a local Uni and any number of people walk and run along the lake shore, often in groups. My folk are from Alfredton which is just up by the Arch - seems nice enough but not really a buzzy kind of place.

The younger people in our family have moved out, to Melbourne mainly. In January it could be roastingly hot - our it could be freezing, hedging all bets there! I never managed to get it right and bought more cardigans from Target there than anywhere else! (We even had sleet at Christmas one year!)

• 6 months later...