Rough idea of utility bills etc in Gold Coast

Gebull

Hi,

Was wondering if anybody could give me an idea on the following rough costs for living in the Gold Coast?

Council rates

Electricity

Gas

Water

If we are looking to rent a 4 bed with pool, would there be any maintenance costs?

Building & contents ins

Broadband

Landline

TV

My husbands company are looking to put a relocation package together and i would like to get a feel for the extra monthly cost so we can ask for the appropriate increase in salary!

Thanking you in anticipation of a response :)

Hi,

Was wondering if anybody could give me an idea on the following rough costs for living in the Gold Coast?

Council rates

Electricity

Gas

Water

If we are looking to rent a 4 bed with pool, would there be any maintenance costs?

Building & contents ins

Broadband

Landline

TV

My husbands company are looking to put a relocation package together and i would like to get a feel for the extra monthly cost so we can ask for the appropriate increase in salary!

Thanking you in anticipation of a response :)

Hi

Costs we paid in GC 2014/2015 for a 4 bed new build without pool - We own now in Scenic Rim area so not so relevant

No council rates while renting - now paying 1600$ per year :(

Electricity $300 ish per quarter - no pool but A/C as needed. Some people seem to have huge electric bills though so don't know if we were just lucky, but we are now in an older 'character house' and still have same amount to pay

Gas - we just had a large cylinder at the back of the house - hot water and hob. Cant remember how much but I think maybe 60$ ish for a cylinder and that lasted 6 months

Water - depends on your landlord I think, but we had no water bills when renting. Some will charge for usage only

Insurance - just contents if renting will be dependent on circumstances but comparable to UK

TV packages will vary depending on what you want but as in UK you can get broadband and tv and landline packages - can't remember the cost sorry