what happens to the e.u now ?

bunbury61

Britain has decided to trigger brexit ,starting spring 2017 .

One of the two atm machines that Europe has ( Britain and Germany ) is about to close when Britain leaves the e.u

Germany will have to carry them all ,on their own .

The Italian banks are in deep strife .

AND the biggest recipient of e.u money ,Hungary ,is going to the polls today ,in a referendum of refugee quotas .

Hungary may decide to tell the e.u ,that they will decide how many refugees they take .

Hungarian prime minister victor orban states that he wants to keep Europe ...christian .

• Replies 170
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Best out of it....europe is a mess.

Oh its a mess alright ,and I voted for brexit 100%,for the sake of the u.k ...people on this forum voted remain for their children's future .

I voted brexit for the very same reason .

But the fall out for the e.u ,Russia and the middle east is going to be massive .

Thank god Britain has thrown a spanner in the works of the system of globalisation .

But that's for another time .

A remain vote would have meant further enslavement ....look at Greece ...those poor people have seen very little of the e.u billions ,and now they are broke for generations to come .

The Aussies and kiwis have stepped up to the plate with trade with us ....the old allies are coming back together .

Britain has decided to trigger brexit ,starting spring 2017 .

One of the two atm machines that Europe has ( Britain and Germany ) is about to close when Britain leaves the e.u

Germany will have to carry them all ,on their own .

The Italian banks are in deep strife .

AND the biggest recipient of e.u money ,Hungary ,is going to the polls today ,in a referendum of refugee quotas .

Hungary may decide to tell the e.u ,that they will decide how many refugees they take .

Hungarian prime minister victor orban states that he wants to keep Europe ...christian .

I really don't think it is in the UK's interest for the EU to fall apart, and I really don't understand why you are so gleeful about it.

Yes, I would like some restructuring. Yes, I would like a redefining of the euro, and removal from those countries where it clearly doesn't work.

But a messy breakup of the EU on top of an already fragile world isn't desirable even though it obviously appeals to you for some sad reason.

I really don't think it is in the UK's interest for the EU to fall apart, and I really don't understand why you are so gleeful about it.

Yes, I would like some restructuring. Yes, I would like a redefining of the euro, and removal from those countries where it clearly doesn't work.

But a messy breakup of the EU on top of an already fragile world isn't desirable even though it obviously appeals to you for some sad reason.

Gleeful....are you bloody joking ...where do you see the smiley faces ...gleeful far from it .

But the e.u should never have gotten to this stage ...read some of my posts dating back to 2008 ....theres no pleasure .I said the e.u is creating conflict not solving it ,and I stick to it

Gleeful....are you bloody joking ...where do you see the smiley faces ...gleeful far from it .

But the e.u should never have gotten to this stage ...read some of my posts dating back to 2008 ....theres no pleasure .I said the e.u is creating conflict not solving it ,and I stick to it

In this case I will be very sad to be proved right .

As the e.u unravels ,those in power will try for further integration of a failed project

Love Europe ...hate the e.u

In this case I will be very sad to be proved right .

As the e.u unravels ,those in power will try for further integration of a failed project

Love Europe ...hate the e.u

Course you will. Won't t see you dancing on the EU grave will we? And if immigrants be the seed of that destruction, then more lively the jig.

Course you will. Won't t see you dancing on the EU grave will we? And if immigrants be the seed of that destruction, then more lively the jig.

You are s worry ...how can any sensible person take pleasure ,as the first domino starts to fall ,leading to god knows what .

The e.u has created its own downfall ,and now the people of Europe and the wider world ,are going to suffer .

Cannot see him being gleeful about it to be honest. Just stating the facts

The sky won't fall in, it will be pretty much as before. At least we will be able to get ciggies and booze duty free again!

People are anti politics right now, that's why UKIP did so well, that's why we voted out; because the political classes virtually unanimously wanted us to stay, there were jobs in it for them, MEPs, all kinds in the two, the two Parliaments they have to have with our taxes, it was just a rip off and people are sick of it.

This is part of a pattern, look at Donald Trump, he might not become president, but he's on the ballot, and he isn't up against a great candidate so look out world!

Pity they couldn't negotiate from within the EU. What's done is done and the best of British as they say. Maybe some British car manufacturer could come out here?

A British car manufacturer? I'm struggling to think of one. Is Caterham still going? There are still companies that manufacture cars in the UK but they're all German, American, Japanese or Indian. I suppose there's McLaren - they've just launched a new Supercar which might sell in the dozens.

A British car manufacturer? I'm struggling to think of one. Is Caterham still going? There are still companies that manufacture cars in the UK but they're all German, American, Japanese or Indian. I suppose there's McLaren - they've just launched a new Supercar which might sell in the dozens.

Name one country that builds its own car without any parts from any other country....there aint one.

The sky won't fall in, it will be pretty much as before. At least we will be able to get ciggies and booze duty free again!

People are anti politics right now, that's why UKIP did so well, that's why we voted out; because the political classes virtually unanimously wanted us to stay, there were jobs in it for them, MEPs, all kinds in the two, the two Parliaments they have to have with our taxes, it was just a rip off and people are sick of it.

This is part of a pattern, look at Donald Trump, he might not become president, but he's on the ballot, and he isn't up against a great candidate so look out world!

For some of us the sky already has fallen in - or have you not noticed the crashing pound? 1.97 $ to the pound on June 22nd, $1.63 to the pound today. Other things to consider are the increasingly inflamatory announcements coming out of Westminster, the number of racist attacks on people who have been living in (and contributing to ) Britain for years ... Not to mention the disappearance of the mythical £350,000,000 that was (no not really) going to be donated to the NHS. Tessie M seems hellbent on demoralising everyone whilst avoiding taking any concrete action, and meanwhile the slimy little Nigel continues to accept his EU salary while continuing to undermine the institution that pays him.

The EU undoubtedly need a great deal of reform but we nevertheless benefitted from massive grants for poorer areas in the UK. The inhabitants of two such deprived areas proceeded to vote out and then start demanding that they get the same grants as before! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I dont remember ever feeling so completely discouraged about the state of my country.

For some of us the sky already has fallen in - or have you not noticed the crashing pound? 1.97 $ to the pound on June 22nd, $1.63 to the pound today. Other things to consider are the increasingly inflamatory announcements coming out of Westminster, the number of racist attacks on people who have been living in (and contributing to ) Britain for years ... Not to mention the disappearance of the mythical £350,000,000 that was (no not really) going to be donated to the NHS. Tessie M seems hellbent on demoralising everyone whilst avoiding taking any concrete action, and meanwhile the slimy little Nigel continues to accept his EU salary while continuing to undermine the institution that pays him.

The EU undoubtedly need a great deal of reform but we nevertheless benefitted from massive grants for poorer areas in the UK. The inhabitants of two such deprived areas proceeded to vote out and then start demanding that they get the same grants as before! It would be funny if it wasn't so sad.

I dont remember ever feeling so completely discouraged about the state of my country.

Anyone want to lay bets on Hammond lasting till Xmas?

I can see the Tory front bench falling apart before the EU.

I think it will be fine. There is no guarantee if Britain stayed in that things would continue to be fine. I mean look at the west, we just lost Ford Australia with the loss of lots of jobs, what are those people going to do. Unfortunately all western nations have let their corporate entities control things and they have decided profits are the main game. So all jobs have been exported to the east and they will continue to do that as they are cheaper. However if one is simplistic when us in the west have no money left to pay for things, that is us, the greater minion minority, what happens then . So in or out I do not think things are good anywhere these days if one is an ordinary sole just wanting a quiet life and a job.

I think it will be fine. There is no guarantee if Britain stayed in that things would continue to be fine. I mean look at the west, we just lost Ford Australia with the loss of lots of jobs, what are those people going to do. Unfortunately all western nations have let their corporate entities control things and they have decided profits are the main game. So all jobs have been exported to the east and they will continue to do that as they are cheaper. However if one is simplistic when us in the west have no money left to pay for things, that is us, the greater minion minority, what happens then . So in or out I do not think things are good anywhere these days if one is an ordinary sole just wanting a quiet life and a job.

I'm going out on a limb here, but you haven't been drinking tonight have you? Cos, that didn't make an awful lot of sense.

I don't know what you are reading that I do not see. Banbury didn't sound remotely gleeful. I despise the EU and voted to leave, that should not be interpreted as wishing ill upon the countries remaining in it. Nobody benefits when other countries suffer, it is better that we all prosper.

I'm going out on a limb here, but you haven't been drinking tonight have you? Cos, that didn't make an awful lot of sense.

Given that its breakfast time in my house and I have tea usually no I have not been drinking.

Its clear to me that the whole world is coming into a crisis. Look around in any country, instead of just looking at ourselves and our families look to see how others are doing, a lot are not doing well. Children in all countries are struggling these days to get work, degrees do not guarantee jobs. Here in Aus the only job sector improving is the health sector and the look after people sector. Unfortunately both of these are predominantly paid for by taxes so if people do not work there are no taxes.

Same happening in UK that is why Brexit happened half the population of the north do not have a job and UK has a huge amount to pay for to look after people and their health. How can it go on.

All the posts seem to be about people losing money, well sad but we all lose money. I lose money on the stock market, I lose money because of low interest rates and it does not matter where I live this is a fact of life these days.

The people voted to go and they should have already triggered it. What are they about letting their friends in the European Union have time to think up nasties for UK. Strike while the iron is hot. I believe that the government is dragging its heels, causing unrest and distrust and putting people agin one another.

What happened to pulling for the whole country.

People are too interested in kitchen diners and how many bedrooms and it must be beautiful and where will I go on holiday and what about this and that, they need to get back to reality and realise that its a big wheel and when a spoke falls off we all suffer.

Given that its breakfast time in my house and I have tea usually no I have not been drinking.

Its clear to me that the whole world is coming into a crisis. Look around in any country, instead of just looking at ourselves and our families look to see how others are doing, a lot are not doing well. Children in all countries are struggling these days to get work, degrees do not guarantee jobs. Here in Aus the only job sector improving is the health sector and the look after people sector. Unfortunately both of these are predominantly paid for by taxes so if people do not work there are no taxes.

Same happening in UK that is why Brexit happened half the population of the north do not have a job and UK has a huge amount to pay for to look after people and their health. How can it go on.

All the posts seem to be about people losing money, well sad but we all lose money. I lose money on the stock market, I lose money because of low interest rates and it does not matter where I live this is a fact of life these days.

The people voted to go and they should have already triggered it. What are they about letting their friends in the European Union have time to think up nasties for UK. Strike while the iron is hot. I believe that the government is dragging its heels, causing unrest and distrust and putting people agin one another.

People are too interested in kitchen diners and how many bedrooms and it must be beautiful and where will I go on holiday and what about this and that, they need to get back to reality and realise that its a big wheel and when a spoke falls off we all suffer.

But you think it will be fine. OK.

I appreciate your your point of view but I really don't think you are seeing the whole picture. Because of the way things are (currently) set up with the E.U. Britain is going to have difficulty in many areas and - although it is to a point all about money - there is more at stake here than that. We have been at the forefront of scientific research but already losing out on grants to further that research and to begin new projects that have been months in the planning. The NHS, already in crisis, risks losing its much needed staff from overseas because it the threat to their tenure in the UK (TMay has already said that they will not be welcome indefinitely)

The idea that taking time to plan is "letting their friends in the EU have time to think up nasties for the UK" demonstrates exactly the the sort of lopsided logic that characterised much of the referendum campaign. The members of the EU are our friends, and as such have better things to do than think up "nasties" - they are too busy trying to limit the damage that our exit will do.

you lose money on the stock market? Well poor you, but you had a choice about whether to gamble in the first place. 48% of UK citizens voted against this and thousands of people living and working in European countries other than the UK had no vote at all. The 48% did not vote for higher prices and lost jobs caused by the crashing pound and companies moving out of Britain to preserve their tariff free trading status.

It is definitely not all about "kitchen diners and how many bedrooms" certainly not for the people being harassed and beaten up and told to go home by the underclass that seem to think Brexit gave them a license to terrorise. That isn't sad, it's a b****y tragedy.