Yorkshire couple arrived in Sydney

Hi, My husband and I arrived in Sydney in August 2015, we work on the northern beaches of Sydney and now live on the North shore. We are in our 20's and love meeting people, going for drinks, having people over for dinner, sport etc....only problem is....we don't know that many people and really want to start making some lasting friendships here in oz, especially as we are on a permenant visa and have no plans to be returning back to the uk yet. If there is anyone that would like to catch up, have a drink etc ..who is in the same position as us...or just want to make some new friends with a Yorkshire man and a southern lass please leave us a message Thanks!

If your looking to meet a few people I can recommend joining one of the Surf Clubs. Just pick the one closest to you, they always welcome new members. Great social and sports places, bars and restaurants are cheaper too as they are subsidised and non profit. If you like sport can't think of anything better. Season is just about to get underway.

• 3 months later...
Guest The Pom Queen
Hi, my husband and I moved from Yorkshire to Sydney in sept 2015 and in a v. similar boat... I'll attemp to PM you.

Welcome to the forum, where in Yorkshire are you from?

Hi Debbie, thanks for getting in touch! I cannot for the life of me remember my login for this and we reset I but it just keeps blocking us so we set up a new account! We are the couple from Yorkshire who have moved to Sydney! Sorry if you pm me on the other address...I won't be able to Sed it now we have a new account

Guest The Pom Queen

Please note I think you may have to make a minimum number of posts in the forum before the pm becomes active. This is to stop spammers signing up and flooding members with rubbish. I think it may be 5 posts I'm not sure.

Yes! We know knaresborough! Been there a couple of times it is lovely!!!!! ?We used to live in narrsbeen in northern beaches now we live in waitara but are always down in the northern beaches it is great down there. We have just got a puppy and we were down at the cafe in Mona vale beach today! It's amazing?! I work in Mona vale and my husband works warriewood! Neutral bay is beautiful aswell!!! I'll try sending you a pm to see if you receive it ?X