Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      2237 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by JockinTas View Post
      My favourite place on the Central Coast is Avoca Beach. Don't know how expensive it is now - used to be very reasonable. It's about 25 mins from Gosford.
      That's a horribly expensive suburb these days! Prices on the Central Coast rocketed since we got here 7 years ago! Gosford may to improve if the planned developments go ahead, but that's been the case for 20 years so who knows what will happen? East Gosford is quite nice, Erina is still reasonable, and if you're not too concerned about living really close to the beach there are some good value properties in Tumbi Umbi. Long Jetty is also pretty cheap, and on the up, though the best time to buy there has probably passed. Ourimbah is ok too (though a bit too hot/cold for me, and it's one of the easier stations to park at. Oh, Point Clare is nice and has a station too.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1841 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by trabonita View Post
      There are lots of beautiful areas around Gosford and lots of areas for retirees. Woy Woy has some nice parts and Umina and Ettalong are lovely. Point Clair is on the water too and is lovely and has a station.

Thank you, I've never heard of Point Clair!
      Fisher1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      2237 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by littlesarah View Post
      That's a horribly expensive suburb these days! Prices on the Central Coast rocketed since we got here 7 years ago! Gosford may to improve if the planned developments go ahead, but that's been the case for 20 years so who knows what will happen? East Gosford is quite nice, Erina is still reasonable, and if you're not too concerned about living really close to the beach there are some good value properties in Tumbi Umbi. Long Jetty is also pretty cheap, and on the up, though the best time to buy there has probably passed. Ourimbah is ok too (though a bit too hot/cold for me, and it's one of the easier stations to park at. Oh, Point Clare is nice and has a station too.
      It's only a small suburb, so may not be what you're after, but it's on Brisbane Waters and not too far from the shops at West Gosford.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      722 times
      Rep
      Quote Originally Posted by Fisher1 View Post
      Think it's quite expensive but I'll check. thank you.
      Yes very expensive now as is most places that are reasonable travel into Sydney
      Last edited by Rallyman; 24-11-2016 at 10:18 AM.

Title
      Liked
      18 times
      Rep
      My husbands parents are retirees living in Terrigal and we have a house there which we are renting out...Gosford has some awful areas to be honest but East Gosford is very up and coming and has some nice shops, Erina and Terrigal are nice but prices are rising all the time. The in-laws met a few people through their golf club.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      My opinion only of course, but living in central Gosford would be the pits. But the areas surrounding it can be nice and even stunningly beautiful. Places like : Pearl Beach, Kincumber, Avoca Beach, Mcmasters Beach, Hardys Bay, Pretty Beach, Killcare Heights and Picketts Valley, to name but a few. And all an easy drive to Sydney or to Sydney from Gosford train station.

Title
      Liked
      0 times
      Rep
      If you can afford it, Jilliby in the Dooralong Valley, is a lovely rural area near the Central Coast. Only 103km to Sydney CBD. And 30mins to the beach.

Title
      PIO Chatter Box
      Liked
      1841 times
      Rep
      Thanks all for recent replies - it's all going to be helpful when the time comes.
      Fisher1

103 visa application lodged February 2013. 143 visa application submitted January 2016. Police checks and form 80 submitted February 29th 2016. Visa granted April 4th 2016.

Title
      Liked
      2 times
      Rep
      I see you mention renting first, which in your position I would say is really important. Six months would be ideal, to settle into Australian life, get over the stress of moving out and really explore the areas you have in mind. Your ideas on what you think you want can change once you're living here.
      we spent a lot of time exploring north, and south, of Sydney as 2 of our children are there but as we initially came to Noosa (on holiday and before children came out) we are spoilt & found it difficult to find anywhere that suited us as much. But there are some nice places on central coast. As someone else said the prices are representative of how close you get to Sydney.
      my daughters in laws live in/around Lake Macquarie & Newcastle which apparently has some nice areas, but a longer drive to Sydney.
      Good luck with the hunt. Just keep reminding yourselves how exciting it is!

Title
      Liked
      262 times
      Rep
      I lived in Woy Woy for a few years & the prices have gone mental. It has its good parts & bad parts like any place! But close to the beach, the shore, train station, Sydney, Newcastle. It's a decent place but I wouldn't live in gosford!
      Helz
      'I'm not giving up, I'm just starting over!'

•  
    Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast