Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Title
      Liked
      39 times
      Rep
      Thank you @Martinbjulieb - would really appreciate update as it sounds like we're going through very similar decision making. Good luck with it all

I'm lucky that all my family is English but I was born here (so the token Aussie); I have british passport and rights - so that has made the decision to move back a lot easier. Only been for visits and like what I saw and trying to take in info etc from this forum.

Title
      Liked
      4 times
      Rep
      just wondered how its all going suemalls
      , were moving back in august, to our house we are renting out (just down the road in whittlesey!)
      we need to get some quotes. would i need to get them out? we've only just moved here and hardly bought anything. it all arrived in 20ft container o it should go back in it , plus ill be packing it , so i know there wont be wasted space and breakable stuff well protected!

did you end up around Peterborough?

Quote Originally Posted by suesmalls View Post
      Thank you @Martinbjulieb - would really appreciate update as it sounds like we're going through very similar decision making. Good luck with it all

I'm lucky that all my family is English but I was born here (so the token Aussie); I have british passport and rights - so that has made the decision to move back a lot easier. Only been for visits and like what I saw and trying to take in info etc from this forum.

Title
      Liked
      39 times
      Rep
      Hi There

We are still in Perth and house just going on market. I had knee replacement late November 16 and with the bad / long winter we have been delayed.
      We will probably be using Chess to move our goods.
      We also will be going to Whittlesey as that's where my husband's family live. What a small world.

I've read on other posts if you pack yourself UK customs are more inclined to inspect & there will be costs & potential delays. Now if that info is coming from removalists than could be a bit trumped up. But recent posts under Moving To UK Forum seem to confirm that. I'd check that out & get a few quotes. I'm reading that getting your own insurance is the way to go. Cheaper & easier if you need to claim.

Are you in Perth? Seems like you weren't here long? Sorry it didn't work out.
      We'll be going based on sale of house.

Good to hear from you. Will wait for update
      Sue

• John Mason International Movers

•  
    Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123