Ideas for a day out

mxh

We've got some friends coming over from NZ in a couple of months so am working on a plan for entertaining them for a few days. Last time they were over we did a day trip which they loved, so I'm looking for ideas for something similar (and again pretty local to Northern Sydney)

Last time we started at West Head (the lookout to Barrenjoey lighthouse) and walked the coast path down to Great Mackeral Beach, then took the ferry across to Palm Beach, had lunch at one of the restaurants in the area, then up to the lighthouse and back, then the ferry back across to Great Mackeral Beach and walked back to the lookout. All in all we were out for 5 or 6 hours, and had a nice combination of some bushwalking, plus being on the water, somewhere to have a nice lunch, great views etc.

Can anyone suggest something similar in another area that we could try? Whilst just being out in the bush is nice, I don't just want to walk along a firetrail for 6 hours. We haven't explored the Bobbin Head area so there could be something there? Or maybe the ferry from Palm Beach to Ettalong - although I'm not sure there's much at the other end?

Any tips would be great. And if you haven't tried the walk I've described above, you should!

The Manly to Spit walk is possibly the best coastal walk I've ever done! The scenery is beautiful & so diverse & the views are breathtaking! We did it in just under 3 hours & we stopped to take lots of photos & generally went at a leisurely pace. We live near Manly so started the walk there, had a lovely lunch at the Spit overlooking the harbour when we completed it & got the bus back to Manly. I'd recommend it without a doubt for your visitors!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk