Costs of Returning

Franklin05

We are looking at moving back to the UK in a few years. I doubt will move bring everything back with us, some electrical good, personal items, books, toys CD's etc. and, of course the dog.

I'd like an idea of cost, I don't want to start applying for online quotes as that always seems to involve "the Sale Push".

Does anyone have an idea of how much a half container could cost from Australia to the UK?

Also, the dog, a small-medium 9kg Jack Russell, how much have others paid for their pets?

I'm with you about getting quotes / ideas from others first - I posted similar question and got one response saying go get quotes. Exactly what I don't want to do yet - want to hear from others and get ball park ideas and reasons why or why not to use them.

Seems like we're trying to get some of the same information at minute - sorry if I read / respond to your posts as got some issues as well but trying my best to rise above them - so I understand and feel for you x

I'm with you about getting quotes / ideas from others first - I posted similar question and got one response saying go get quotes. Exactly what I don't want to do yet - want to hear from others and get ball park ideas and reasons why or why not to use them.

Seems like we're trying to get some of the same information at minute - sorry if I read / respond to your posts as got some issues as well but trying my best to rise above them - so I understand and feel for you x

No worries suesmalls I know how things can be.

My thing about getting quotes now is I'd be getting emails and phone calls for weeks, if not months, with the hard sales push. I just want rough figures so I can plan to save to move.

A few years could see prices change a fair bit so no one can say for sure what your costs may be that far down the road.

Bank on a few thousand for the dog to be safe. Also read some shipping threads for Aus to UK and see what prices people have been paying. It varies.

I'd just start saving as much as you can for as long as you can and as time ticks on and you get nearer to the year of your hoped for move, start seeing if you've got enough saved and if so, plan for the move. If not got quite enough, save a while longer.