Accountant jobs outside Sydney

Makybe Diva

I am moving to Australia at the end of the year on a 190 NSW visa however as the sole earner and with 2 young children I am not sure Sydney will be possible financially.

I am looking for some help on other areas outwith Sydney that could be an option for us. I would prefer further North (mainly due to climate) but a quick search on Newcastle, Port Macquarie, Coffs Harbour doesn't seem to have many vacancies.

Thanks for any help......

I believe the opportunities for accountants in NSW but outside Sydney would be few and far between. Still it is a decent paying profession and I know plenty of accountants living in Sydney, have you looked into what kind of salary you could expect and what areas that might put you in?

I believe the opportunities for accountants in NSW but outside Sydney would be few and far between. Still it is a decent paying profession and I know plenty of accountants living in Sydney, have you looked into what kind of salary you could expect and what areas that might put you in?

Thanks Bungo, those were my suspicions.

The salary part is pretty hard for me to estimate. I am a partner in CA firm in the UK but expect I will have to take a step down initially in terms of responsibility.

Thanks Bungo, those were my suspicions.

The salary part is pretty hard for me to estimate. I am a partner in CA firm in the UK but expect I will have to take a step down initially in terms of responsibility.

Well it may indeed be difficult to walk into another partnership, so could be a step down in that sense. But I would not otherwise assume this is the case, when I moved my first role was at least sideways but in fact more like s step up. This was 2010 and market wasn't particularly good although probably better than now.

I cannot see any reason why an accountant operating at a partner level could not afford Sydney. Welll I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand anyway. Take a good look.

Edited by Bungo

Well it may indeed be difficult to walk into another partnership, so could be a step down in that sense. But I would not otherwise assume this is the case, when I moved my first role was at least sideways but in fact more like s step up. This was 2010 and market wasn't particularly good although probably better than now.

I cannot see any reason why an accountant operating at a partner level could not afford Sydney. Welll I wouldn't dismiss it out of hand anyway. Take a good look.

That sounds encouraging.

To be honest I'd be happy with a step down originally until we settle.

I'll contact a few agencies shortly but I don't expect much to happen before we arrive.

Thanks again.