looking for info on Bathurst....

coco12

Hi everyone,

I am new to PIO but was an active member on a sister site for a long while. We have had our 189 for a couple of years but hubby wasn't keen coming out without a job secured beforehand. He has a Skype interview for a post in Bathurst next week so our dreams are a step closer. we have only considered living in a coastal area and all my research has been on this so now I'm starting from scratch!! has anyone any experience of Bathurst for a family of 5 ????.......

Thas in advance

Coco

What is his qualifications and which industry is he in...

Check out Gumtree.com.au and realestate.com.au for your accommodation interests

Sent from my GT-N7100 using Tapatalk

@Dazken Amac

thanks for the reply-I've looked at accommodation etc I just wondered if anyone had any local experience of how family life is out there? he's in finance.

I used to stay with friends who had a farm outside Bathurst. It's a decent sized town with a choice of schools - public and private. It can get very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Driving out there one winter between Lithgow and Bathurst we drove through a heavy snowfall and ended up snowed in on the farm for a couple of days. Bathurst is on the train line. It's about 4 hours to Sydney on the train as it stops at every station on the way.

I used to stay with friends who had a farm outside Bathurst. It's a decent sized town with a choice of schools - public and private. It can get very hot in the summer and very cold in the winter. Driving out there one winter between Lithgow and Bathurst we drove through a heavy snowfall and ended up snowed in on the farm for a couple of days. Bathurst is on the train line. It's about 4 hours to Sydney on the train as it stops at every station on the way.

thanks for the reply- really helpful x

What is his qualifications and which industry is he in...

Check out Gumtree.com.au and realestate.com.au for your accommodation interests

Thanks for the reply. I'm familiar with those sites, was just after general info about family life in Bathurst. he's in finance. cheers