Aus Passport

namron1

I'm not Australian, but I've always submitted photos for my Canadian passport applications that are dated. They are required to be no more than 6 months old. It seems reasonable to me since it's going into a 10 year passport.

Edit: Just looked at the UK passport which I recently got renewed and that one requires the picture to be less than a month old!

Edited by Wooba

I'm not Australian, but I've always submitted photos for my Canadian passport applications that are dated. They are required to be no more than 6 months old. It seems reasonable to me since it's going into a 10 year passport.

Edit: Just looked at the UK passport which I recently got renewed and that one requires the picture to be less than a month old!

Yes but one pic being a month over and other being two months how can they tell? Its not as if they have dates at the back on them.

Yes but one pic being a month over and other being two months how can they tell? Its not as if they have dates at the back on them.

The fact that they are undated would invalidate them, since you can't prove when they were taken even if it was the day before. Any place that takes pictures in Canada stamps their company info and the day of creation on the back. Without that information it wouldn't be accepted. My UK application got the same treatment. Don't know if they company details were required for that, but the date certainly was.

The fact that they are undated would invalidate them, since you can't prove when they were taken even if it was the day before. Any place that takes pictures in Canada stamps their company info and the day of creation on the back. Without that information it wouldn't be accepted. My UK application got the same treatment. Don't know if they company details were required for that, but the date certainly was.

Yes there is a date on them but you need to cut the pictures up as comes in bunch of 6 date is at far side. You need to cut photos to size,im pretty sure to date i have used photo taken just out of date but maybe not used for passports but even though a month or two over i dont see any reason not to use?

I think you will find that you have to sign a declaration on the application form that the photos are less than 6 months old. When I renewed my Australian passport last year, I had to show proof of the date the photos were taken.

Proof of when photos was taken your kidding me right so I have 5 photos of myself just under 2 months out of date and a daughter of 4 yrs with 5 pictures of 1 month out of date of which these where used to apply for citizenship are no good?

Seems a complete rip off to me.

i said to myself when apply for citizenship these photos be handy for passports when we apply.

so you where asked to prove date of photos when at your interview?

Im sure I did my new born son without any proof of photos but then he was less than 6 months old anyway.

I get your frustration bwatt, but think of it this way. There has to be a line somewhere. "It's only a month out of date". Ok fine, but what if "it's only 6 months out of date" or "it's only a year out of date". Who decides where the line is? The line here is 6 months (1 in the UK). I don't like paying for this stuff either, believe me I've done a lot of it recently. But I find the 6 month limit to be completely reasonable.

Proof of when photos was taken your kidding me right so I have 5 photos of myself just under 2 months out of date and a daughter of 4 yrs with 5 pictures of 1 month out of date of which these where used to apply for citizenship are no good?

Seems a complete rip off to me.

i said to myself when apply for citizenship these photos be handy for passports when we apply.

so you where asked to prove date of photos when at your interview?

Im sure I did my new born son without any proof of photos but then he was less than 6 months old anyway.

Yes I was asked to provide proof of date of the photo at my interview. Something I find perfectly reasonable actually, as the rules are the rules.

Yes I was asked to provide proof of date of the photo at my interview. Something I find perfectly reasonable actually, as the rules are the rules.

And what if you don't have the date or proof? As you cut these pictures I maybe have thrown away the date part which to be I never really thought was important till I read about photos for passport.

having got these photos to apply for citizenship back in end of June and only used one photo of each lot of 6 I find it crazy really. I take it I go to post office with them and post office don't ask about dates it's all ok, surely they passport people don't ask proof also.

what if you honestly made the mistake and had cut these up when you got the discarded the cuttings with the part with date that's an expensive mistake having to get pics again?

surely they just look at you and are happy with that?

i may try my luck see what happens end of day if they ask for proof of date then I can't and just get photos done again then have signed by guarantor who signed before.

You can get your photos done at Australia post at the time of submitting your application. It is not overly expensive. I think they may even send the digital photo with your application. It is very easy and straight forward. Allow 3 weeks for the passport to arrive (it may be quicker than this).

Some people just like to do things the hard way for the sake of it.

To the OP, get your Australian passport before you leave, apply through Aus post and get your photos there, too easy and will save you a load of hassle and worry down the line.

Edited by Collie

And what if you don't have the date or proof? As you cut these pictures I maybe have thrown away the date part which to be I never really thought was important till I read about photos for passport.

having got these photos to apply for citizenship back in end of June and only used one photo of each lot of 6 I find it crazy really. I take it I go to post office with them and post office don't ask about dates it's all ok, surely they passport people don't ask proof also.

what if you honestly made the mistake and had cut these up when you got the discarded the cuttings with the part with date that's an expensive mistake having to get pics again?

surely they just look at you and are happy with that?

i may try my luck see what happens end of day if they ask for proof of date then I can't and just get photos done again then have signed by guarantor who signed before.

You really are overthinking this and getting worked up just for the sake of a few photos that only cost the price of 2 cups of coffee each. So why not just go ahead and use the photos you have and hope they don't ask you. Bear in mind the stipulations for the photos are very clear on the internet and the form and you are asked to sign a legal statement confirming all information you give is true and accurate.