Hi! Young couple looking for change of life!

BenRose19

Shouldn't we leave it to people who have actually had children in Australia to give advice on matters such as this ?

Someone who is childless is just guessing really.

The mothers who have posted should be listened to.

Re-read the OP parley! open questions really. Also childless couples may have close friends/relatives or know someone that have, and gone through the emigration process.

Shouldn't we leave it to people who have actually had children in Australia to give advice on matters such as this ?

Someone who is childless is just guessing really.

The mothers who have posted should be listened to.

Exactly. And mothers have posted on both sides of the arguement. As a mother I personally felt the need to be close to my family and support network when my kids were little. Others haven't felt that need or have even thrived without it. The only people who know how the OP and their OH will feel are the OP and their OH. There are plenty of tales on the forum of women who have been perfectly happy in Australia until they have children and then they want to move home. Marisawright is simply suggesting they wait until the baby is born to see how they feel before making a decision.

As it happens they don't really have a choice anyway - I believe that the OP's OH is already pregnant (or them, can't remember which was which) in which case they will not be able to do the medicals for the visa until the baby is born anyway so will not be able to move until after the baby is born regardless.

Hi, BR19,

Like you, I am a sunlover but, as has been said, take the greatest of care in the sun. In my 22 years in the RAF, I lived in the sun in diverse places like Malta; Cyprus; Germany; Kenya; Singapore and Brunei. Following that, I have spent 33 years here, lots of them in the sun including, believe it or not, in Melbourne!

I am now reaping the result in that I am about to have my fifth skin cancer excised. Fortunately, only one was malignant.

Secondly, before you leave UK, make sure that you get (IN WRITING) confirmation that your gas-fitting qualifications are recognised here, and will not necessitate your having to study and re-qualify to local regulations. I have personal experience of this, so check before you leave.

Other than that, if you are BOTH determined, it is mostly a great [place to live and bring up a family.

Best regards,

TNO.

Secondly, before you leave UK, make sure that you get (IN WRITING) confirmation that your gas-fitting qualifications are recognised here, and will not necessitate your having to study and re-qualify to local regulations. I have personal experience of this, so check before you leave.

That is never going to happen!

@NicF i feel similar to you..(sorry jumping into thread) but I had kids and said 5yr plan, it ended up being 10yrs... Youngest child was 6when we moved... So hard taking kids away from my family but seeing the kids experiencing life here is fab. Life is what you make it wherever you are. Yes it can be stinky hot in summer and I miss my evening light till 11pm... But while you're young n kids young, enjoy the adventure and decide where u prefer. The opportunities I think are less than 20yrs ago and Australia is changing... Lots of nuances but tbh I think it's nice that shops close on Saturdays at 5pm .. Why should supermarkets n shopping centres open 24 hrs/12hrs/day..

@NicF i feel similar to you..(sorry jumping into thread) but I had kids and said 5yr plan, it ended up being 10yrs... Youngest child was 6when we moved... So hard taking kids away from my family but seeing the kids experiencing life here is fab. Life is what you make it wherever you are. Yes it can be stinky hot in summer and I miss my evening light till 11pm... But while you're young n kids young, enjoy the adventure and decide where u prefer. The opportunities I think are less than 20yrs ago and Australia is changing... Lots of nuances but tbh I think it's nice that shops close on Saturdays at 5pm .. Why should supermarkets n shopping centres open 24 hrs/12hrs/day..

Because in employs people who can only work these hours, why would you want a supermarket to close at 5pm? so if you work till 5 you are knackered for boooze for the barbi.....talk about living in the past.

Hi,

My name is Ben and my fiance Steph. We are both 23 and have lived together since we were 18. We are expecting our first baby in October this year and are due to get married next year!

In a nutshell, we are looking into emigrating to Australia for many different reasons, mainly to better our and our future children's lives!

I am a fully qualified gas engineer and currently work for British Gas, so am certain I have no issues in qualifying for the skilled visa. Steph works in administration.

So, basically we have come here to try and make some 'friends' to share experiences or guidance on certain area's of emigration to Australia.

Please feel free to say hello!

Ben and Steph :smile:

Hi Ben and Steph,

We're in the same boat as you and we're not sure how to go about it except we have two children and my fiancé mum lives in Queensland.

I've been given and guy called Ivan who I've emailed who is helping me with our move. Where in Auz are you looking to go and have you got in touch with anyone who can help you. My guy had a 100% success rate if you want his details

Nicole and Ryan

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

and in Perth they are open till 9!!!!!!!!! can you believe it, even in this backwater!

And the 2 majors are open 7 am - midnight here in Hobart....which has a reputation of being even more backwaterish than Perth. :wink: And KMart is open 24/7.

:mask: I think we can conclude that supermarket opening times vary :cute:

Let's not get too sidetracked and off topic from the OP's post and their questions about moving to Australia.

Perhaps those wanting to discuss store opening hours can start their own thread in Household or some place :)

:mask: I think we can conclude that supermarket opening times vary :cute:

Let's not get too sidetracked and off topic from the OP's post and their questions about moving to Australia.

Perhaps those wanting to discuss store opening hours can start their own thread in Household or some place :)

So I cannot even say that the woolworths at Brisbane airport is open 24hrs?