What not to miss in Tassie?

ali

............indeed there is.......my favourite only 15 minutes away...!

............but one of the perks of the east coast.....

.............so much in easy reach....

............and I second Mures OP...!

............wonderful seafood....

Well confirmation then. A two hour plus flight to the Apple Isle, for a crab sarni well worth the effort then.

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest The Pom Queen
Thinking of a holiday in Tassie (January), is it a good time to visit? What are the things we must do or see. We're planning on hiring a car and probably only going to be about 5 days as will be having a few days in Melbourne on the way home.

You mean I won't be getting my hug in Disney again :no:

In other words it's worth the trek though, is it?

Tsk Flag! Of course Ali isn't going to travel all the way to Mures in Hobart for fish and chips only .................................. I'm sure if someone was trekking all the way to Perth you would suggest amongst a heap of other things to see and do a popular eating place in nice surroundings. I have heard on the grapevine that Mures isn't as good as it used to be and expensive Ali, so maybe try the other places Skani suggested.

Tsk Flag! Of course Ali isn't going to travel all the way to Mures in Hobart for fish and chips only .................................. I'm sure if someone was trekking all the way to Perth you would suggest amongst a heap of other things to see and do a popular eating place in nice surroundings. I have heard on the grapevine that Mures isn't as good as it used to be and expensive Ali, so maybe try the other places Skani suggested.

Gosh really? Can't think of a load of reasons to visit Perth on my annual holls, but there you go. Each to their own. I suppose Tas in season would have an air of pleasantness about it. One could I suppose find a bigger equivalent/likeness in New Zealand as well.

Gosh really? Can't think of a load of reasons to visit Perth on my annual holls, but there you go. Each to their own. I suppose Tas in season would have an air of pleasantness about it. One could I suppose find a bigger equivalent/likeness in New Zealand as well.

Yet but Ali is going to Tasmania that's why we are all talking about Tasmania. Maybe she will go to NZ next year and then we will all talk about places in NZ.

It's just a break flag ... not a big holiday - want to get the most out of our time there which is why I asked for suggestions.

Flag mentions "air of pleasantness about it". He makes me smile - he really does. Just because he is far happier in a big city vibe - preferably in Europe or Asia. Some of us actually dislike big cities Flag and I certainly wouldn't choose to go to one on holiday. Even when living in Sydney I managed to escape most weekends to the countryside. We are all different Flag. It surely isn't too hard to accept that.

Flag mentions "air of pleasantness about it". He makes me smile - he really does. Just because he is far happier in a big city vibe - preferably in Europe or Asia. Some of us actually dislike big cities Flag and I certainly wouldn't choose to go to one on holiday. Even when living in Sydney I managed to escape most weekends to the countryside. We are all different Flag. It surely isn't too hard to accept that.

I recall with a degree of repetition admitting we are all different. I don't necessary consider Sydney a' big city', in the sense I refer. The centre is hardly big, and sprawling most certainly is not my thing. I suspect some forget, or indeed never experienced life in a compact city, with all the excitement that abounds as a theatre to life. Going to the country is fine short term, but was always sure glad to get back to the smoke after a time in the wilderness.

I recall with a degree of repetition admitting we are all different. I don't necessary consider Sydney a' big city', in the sense I refer. The centre is hardly big, and sprawling most certainly is not my thing. I suspect some forget, or indeed never experienced life in a compact city, with all the excitement that abounds as a theatre to life. Going to the country is fine short term, but was always sure glad to get back to the smoke after a time in the wilderness.

I'll let you have the last word Flag. :wubclub:

• 2 weeks later...

Lots of places have been covered in earlier posts but if you're nearby I like Bicheno, Binalong Bay, Bay of Fires are lovely. Any time in Tassie is good but 5 daysisn't much at all so maybe make the most of Hobart and surrounds?

I you are driving top to bottom or vice versa the elephant pass cafe was nice for pancakes, Pyengana cheese did LOVELY food ( and cheeses obviously!) , Cherry shed was lovely. Strawberry farm was lovely for an ice cream at Turners Beach but not sure you'll reach that.

Still on my wish list are Liffey Falls, Overland Track, the new 3 capes track,Cygnet...erm the South West! Lots of other places but they have just popped into my head.

• 4 months later...

Just returned from Tasmania - it's certainly lived up to it's reputation for being beautiful - we really enjoyed our time there driving round. We started in Hobart, drove up to Strahan and then onto Launceston .. doing lots of sightseeing on the way. Loved Port Arthur and Ross in particular, the views from Mt. Wellington was stunning. Loved the markets and Hubby now loves Scallop pies after having 2 during our few days there lol. How stunning is cataract Gorge?