Help finding Suin Ni Chrochuir, from UK, Irish parents

fionamcg

Hello all!

I have an old friend coming to visit Australia from Ireland. She would love to track down a friend she lost touch with many years ago and someone suggested I post here to see if we can find her. Her name is Suin Ni Chrochuir and as far as I know she is English but had Irish parents. She probably works in community development and is most likely aged 50+. I would be so grateful for any help and it would mean a lot to the lady who is coming to Australia from Ireland.

Many thanks!

Fiona

• 3 months later...
Hello all!

I have an old friend coming to visit Australia from Ireland. She would love to track down a friend she lost touch with many years ago and someone suggested I post here to see if we can find her. Her name is Suin Ni Chrochuir and as far as I know she is English but had Irish parents. She probably works in community development and is most likely aged 50+. I would be so grateful for any help and it would mean a lot to the lady who is coming to Australia from Ireland.

Many thanks!

Fiona

Hello Fiona - Believe I'm the Suin you are looking for! I live in Brisbane now, and have been moving a lot in the last 6 years, since leaving far North Queensland home of 10 years. Before that Sydney was home for the first 16 years, since emigrating in 1985.

I've stumbled across your enquiry post, when googling for something. Have registered on this site now, for the sole purpose of being able to reply to you. (I note that my computer is now receiving ridiculous and undeletable push ads telling me I've won this and that! Thanks pomsinoz - groan). Anyway, it's late Nov now, & I see you started your search in August - so I hope I'm not too late. Rather guessing it's Stasia Crickley who is making a return visit to this wide brown land. Who knows! Anyway look forward to hearing further from you, so that we can communicate more directly, ie off this site, please.

Best Suin ni Chrochuir (leaving the accents off, so that the site doesn't mash them up)

• 1 month later...

Hello FionaMcG

Suin again - it's taken me this long to give up on finding my password and just starting all over again with the registering/log in palavah. Oi! So sorry for the delay. I don't yet have your email. Since just now resetting all the access stuff required for this site, I can see I have a message from you saying Hi, but no address. I'll try now to send mine to you as a 'private maessage', and see if that works.

Hoping you haven't given up on me. (It's been a difficult time).

Regards Suin ni Chrochuir

• 2 years later...

Excellent to hear from you, Alison.

I too would really value the chance for a catch up. (Well done for using this site!) I’m not sure how this site’s private messaging works either.  Where are you these days? Melbourne still? I live in Brisbane. I’d certainly welcome your direct contact and look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Regards Súin ní Chrochuir 

2 hours ago, Suin ni Chrochuir said:

Excellent to hear from you, Alison.

I too would really value the chance for a catch up. (Well done for using this site!) I’m not sure how this site’s private messaging works either.  Where are you these days? Melbourne still? I live in Brisbane. I’d certainly welcome your direct contact and look forward to hearing from you soon. 

Regards Súin ní Chrochuir 

I think you need to make 3 posts then you can use the private message. Try now, you are up to your 3! 😁

3 hours ago, Alison Johnson said:

Hi Suin,

I have been try private message you so I can give you my details but I am having problems with this site. I don't think I have access to that facility as I haven't used this site before - if anyone reads this and can help let me know!

Cheers, Alison

As above, I think you need 3 posts then you can message. 

Reply to me, that will be the 3 posts.

Then click on suin’s name which will take you to her personal page. Then at the top click on message this user or something like that.

• 2 weeks later...