GOT MY SKILLED INDEPENDENT! any ideas good jobs to apply for for plumbing/ Gas enginneers?

Shanejura

hey guys

im just applying for some jobs in melbourne at the moment after gaining a skilled independent visa 189 but i fancy something a little different.

im a plumber and heating engineer in uk with full natural gas and LPG quals and experience with oil but not registered.

i was wondering if anybody has any ideas or experience of good roles for engineers to apply for that kind of move away from the fitting bathrooms side of things.

just for a idea i enjoy the gas side of things and fixing and repairing boilers and would like to do something more kind of engineering wise and something more challenging, but unsure who would take me on as il need training.

if not, if people think i should stick to what i know and any companies who may employ migrant plumbers.

anyone with any advice basically who in in building trades would be much appreciated!!

Thanks guys!!

First of all you will need to have your qualifications verified to work as a plumber and gas fitter in Victora. Most plumbers do both of these. There are quite a lot of posts around about how you get to work, I think I read that you have to work for 12 months with another plumber not sure on that. You could look through the forum for information about plumbing here. Each State is different

http://www.vba.vic.gov.au/practitioners/plumbing-registration-and-licences

Have a look at the above web site and it may help you. Look at Indeed, Career One and Seek for jobs. Good luck.

• 1 month later...
hey guys

im just applying for some jobs in melbourne at the moment after gaining a skilled independent visa 189 but i fancy something a little different.

im a plumber and heating engineer in uk with full natural gas and LPG quals and experience with oil but not registered.

i was wondering if anybody has any ideas or experience of good roles for engineers to apply for that kind of move away from the fitting bathrooms side of things.

just for a idea i enjoy the gas side of things and fixing and repairing boilers and would like to do something more kind of engineering wise and something more challenging, but unsure who would take me on as il need training.

if not, if people think i should stick to what i know and any companies who may employ migrant plumbers.

anyone with any advice basically who in in building trades would be much appreciated!!

Thanks guys!!

Congratulations. You've got a bright future ahead of you :)

B