Cost of living

Guest cruise

Guest cruise

Hi everyone. I am new to this site. I am looking to move to Perth next year. I am interested in the cost of living in Perth based on a family of 4. Thanks.cruise.

Guest jogrant3232

glitteryourwayfb3dfe6cvz8.gifWe didnt find the cost of living much different. Meat was alot cheaper and the prawns looked like they had been on steroids but general food shop was about the same. You dont have heating bills but you do have air con and not sure how much that costs to run.

hi.thanks to everyone.Ignoring the cost of the mortgage, what sort of earnings per year would one need to earn to have a comfortable standard of living? cruise

Difficult to say really as I guess ideas of comfort vary from person to person. We probably spend the same on shopping and stuff - meat is cheaper - lamb in particular although fish is expensive, Salmon was about $35 per kilo. petrol varies each day, most i've paid is $1.31, least is about $1.17 (but saw it at $1.11 at the begining of the week).

Our origional combined salaries were just over $100,000 and we're managing fine.

Ali

Archived